Fletch's Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Waste, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fletch,

It's tight...

Our teams are tied for first. Both have 2 games a piece left.

I think all remaining games are at home, and Penguins have a much better home record

Leafs are playing much better since they've been eliminated, will be tough to get our point there.

Even if we both win all out games, you still have that extra win.

Right now, we lead the NHL in goals.

And the last time Habs earned 100 or more points... we brought home Lord Stanley's Cup!

April's shaping up to be a great month...

2. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS FOR THE STANLEY CUPPP

3. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bite you're tongue.
    Detroit fans are fickle and fair weather!
    Plus the Wings have lost regularly in the first round.
    Hockeytown will move else where....

BTW - My Sabres have taken a dump :(

4. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Throughgood or bad weather i'm behind the wings :D :D

You're in Michigan why aren't you a Red Wing?

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my brother is a Wings fan....die hard, has been for years, even before they began their tear

As for the East, my friend Waste, it is going to be very close, obviously

Pens have 2 against the Flyers which I dont mind too much

Habs with the Sabres and Leafs........must be nice

either way, you know the NHL is banking on the Caps making the 8 seed and the Pens having the 1 so that they can at least attempt to promote a Crosby/Ovechkin playoff matchup, which I think would help the sport quite a bit

ahhhh nothing beats it

6. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the first time in many, many, years and since they were the 'Dead Wings', there are unused seats at all Red Wings games including Playoff games. I'm assuming your brother doesn't live in Metro Detroit.

I did not grow up in Michigan and I'm loyal to my home Western NY State teams (i.e., Bills -Sabres) :thumbsup:

7. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hockeytown? Detroit?

Can a city with less than 10 cups even be called Hockeytown?

Let's get this straight... Hockey is Canadian. When the winning team is determined year after year by the number of Canadian players on the team, there is no dispute. (Search my old posts under playoffs for details). Hockeytown is a Canadian city.

When a team owns almost half the name tags on the cup, like Montreal currently does, they earn the right to call themselves Hockeytown.

This thread was to discuss professional hockey. If you chose to ignore the topic and discuss the Wings, Sabres and Leafs... please start your own amateur hockey thread :D

8. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well played sir, solid points all around. When you win as much as they have, no choice but to declare Montreal as Hockeytown

nope, lives here in Connecticut

9. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not counting our points yet... Leafs are finishing strong since they've been eliminated. They've won 7 of the last 10.

Don't believe your local news... NHL is banking on where the money is going to be. Hurricanes have always been a better longshot bet. They've proved that over the last 3 playoffs. Caps are hot right now, with a 9-1-0 record over last 10 games.

If Canes make the cut, probably more money in Montreal playing them. If Caps make the cut, doesn't really matter as it will be a 4 game series, maybe 5 against us if we don't get our injury list shortened. I'd rather play Boston anyways... For your sake, you better hope we end playing the Rangers, because they probably have the best chance of knocking you guys out early.

If you're superstitious, none of this really matters anyways. All the "good luck" signs point to it being a Habs year.

I'm not superstitious at all... I know it all depends on Price and injuries right now.

10. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm just giving a refresher course to those who live overseas and those unfortunate US citizens who have to live in a city without a sense of hockey history. Anyone can win a cup once. Disney's Mighty Ducks proved that...

I think Montreal was officially given the title of Hockeytown in the late 50s, after the first time we won the cup 5 years in a row. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice