Flamingo **** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Takami826

Takami826 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The people we're going with have stayed at the Flamingo in the past and enjoyed it. It's not a 5* hotel, so if that's what you expect, you'll probably be disappointed. They are picky about crappy service and wouldn't go back to the Flamingo if it sucked.

I believe that neebish just came back from there, not sure if she's had time to do a trip report here or on tripadvisor yet.

2. laydeedubbduce

laydeedubbduce Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Neebish...was wondering how you felt about Flamingo overall and if they have a nice pool

3. Mammafish36

Mammafish36 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back from the Flamingo tonight! The beach is totally restored and all the pipes have been removed. We had to "crawl" over the pipes a couple of days but didnt mind since the beach restoration was ahead of schedule. This was my first trip to Cancun so I cant do a pre-hurricane comparison. I will tell you that the Flamingo has done an excellent job of getting things cleaned up. I would never had known they were even touched by a recent hurricane! It really seemed like the hurricane missed the complex. However, there was destruction all around it. One of the hotels right next to it was nothing but a pile of concrete and sand mounds. All you had to do was walk down the beach and see hotels that were just concrete shells totally missing all of their windows. I would loved to have seen before Wilma pictures.

4. Takami826

Takami826 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the update, Mammafish36!! I definitely trust the discussions here far more than other resources.

I just got done reading the latest on TripAdvisor, and someone gave Flamingo one * because of the beach reconstruction, construction noise etc and showed pix. They found it a horrible negative experience, I saw their pix and thought "hot damn! they're making incredible progress!!!"

I don't understand how people blame the hotel for construction or the beach situation especially when you can clearly see they are rebuilding. Besides, it's not like there's no beach anywhere. geez!

*shakes head*

5. cancunorbust

cancunorbust Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at the Flamingo from April 1-7, 2006. We found everything fine. The beach was just finished and it is large and wonderful. The ocean view rooms are definatley a must. I would recommend this hotel for any traveler looking for a great deal. We had no safety or security issues whatsoever.

6. Mammafish36

Mammafish36 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Laydeedubbduce...I just saw that you also asked about the pool. The Flamingo actually has two regular pools and what looked to be a baby pool close to The Albatros restaurant. The one main pool in the courtyard is where all the action is. It has a swim up bar and usually has a volleyball or basketball game going on in it. They have a grill for hamburgers and hot dogs and a buffet of side dishes (such as nachos and fries) set up all afternoon. This is definitely the rowdy place. The other pool looks out over the beach. You can lay out by this pool and still enjoy the beach without getting sandy. We could keep an eye on all of our teens from here! Our group consisted of high school seniors on their spring break and 5 adults. Since we went the first week of April, most of the tourists at the Flamingo were also spring breakers and young adults.

7. laydeedubbduce

laydeedubbduce Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Mammafish!!! You have no idea how helpful your comment is... I was really debating between a couple of hotels and Flamingo was on the top of the list and you've definitely pushed me past the edge. Was wondering, did you happen to book the Flamingo thru this website? Thanks again.

8. Mammafish36

Mammafish36 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked our entire trip through Expedia. We also did the all inclusive which worked out great for our large group. Since it was a spring break for high school seniors, I know they got their monies worth in alcohol alone. I'm not a big drinker but if you do go there, ask Renee, the main bartender, for a banana colada special. "Special" is the key word! :D

9. laydeedubbduce

laydeedubbduce Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THANKS MAMMAFISH

10. wendyw

wendyw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Recent Pictures

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Flamingo hotel and beach? Just curious to as what it exactly looks like. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice