Flamingo **** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. neebish woman

neebish woman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    flamingo in January 2006

Doe's anyone have updates on the beach and the hotel???? :cool:

2. lyzz

lyzz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. neebish woman

neebish woman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for sharing the photo's!!! :lol:

4. Takami826

Takami826 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

We'll be staying at the Flamingo in May so hopefully the beach reconstruction guesstimated schedule stays on course. It looks like a nice place. I've stayed at the Solaris before, but felt terribly isolated (I'm sure hurricane Isadore in 2002 didn't help that much) so it's my first time back to Cancun since then. (I was in Playa in 2004)

I'll make sure I post pictures when I return.

5. jessep28

jessep28 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im going down in July and from the sound of it the beaches should be back in order for the most part.

I am really excited about going down there. First trip out of the USA! Some of the disadvantages of living smack dab in the middle of the country.

I just hope I don't get caught in another Hurricane.

6. Takami826

Takami826 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I probably didn't look in the right place, but does anyone know if the Flamingo has in-room safes or are they centrally located?

EDIT
    Nevermind I found the answer but I could not find how to delete my question

7. jessep28

jessep28 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes,

From reviews of the hotel from travel review sites, they do have a hotel safe.

8. Takami826

Takami826 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea, at the front desk (for a charge?) :mad:

that's not a positive for me; it's an inconvenience and in other hotels I've stayed, the wait is atrocious, several people deep etc when the safe is at the desk and if you want to use the safe more than once a day, the staff gets mad/impatient. Or, in the case of my trip to the bahamas, when I'd come back in the evening, they'd want to charge me because I visited the safe 2x that day. (in the morning then at night) :cry:

I hate having the safe at the front desk because I am not one to like carry all my crap with me all the time, especially my passport and large sums of money, my camera, etc. because I don't want to be charged just to use it.

9. jessep28

jessep28 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can see where you are coming from, but its better than nothing.

That place is pretty secure also from what I read. I read probably 50/75 stores from people who actually took the time to review and I don't recall anyone saying that the hotel staff took any of their belongings.

When I go down in July, I won't take much more cash with me than what I would need for say a date or something of that fact. Things aren't so expensive that you need say $400 on you at all times.

Plus, its a tourist trap so a lot of places take electronic forms of payment. There are also a ton of ATM's.

If you are concerned and want to go to the safe 2+ times a day, just be real nice to them, give them a couple Pesos for their trouble and you shouldn't have a problem.

10. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with the inconvience of the safe at the front desk, that is why I never used it. What I did when I went there was I put locks on my luggage, and not the small ones that came with the luggage. I bought ones that were big enough not to be able to be cut with wire cutters but small enough to where the metal u shaped part could go thru the eyelets of the suitcases.

But on a side note I never had a problem there anyways when it came to security.

It has been a couple of years since I have been there but I don't think much has changed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice