fixers notaries etc..

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by canukcun, Sep 23, 2013.

1. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IMO it has nothing to do with 'thicker skin' but possibly all to do with how much time one is willing to waste going back and forth to INM when for a modest fee one can get professional local assistance, eliminate any potential hassles and spend that time by the pool or at the beach instead!

BTW, I've never said I didn't like this Forum since despite the departure of many others that I enjoyed, I've remained.

2. CancunMole

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personal attack on you? Please don't flatter yourself! I thought it was just 'me' simply responding directly to your comments which I felt were unfair, condescending and unnecessary. I do take those comments as an offensive personal attack on me/mine since we have continued to used Mauricio.

I don't think that I missed the point of your comment(s) at all since IMO it had nothing pertinent to do with the current discussion. So just what was your purpose in resurrecting, if not an attack, to refer to those who chose to leave this Forum as the "Mauricio cult" or those who continue to use his services as part of that cult? Why bring up 'old news' if not to continue to slam those folks?

While I'll not leave this Forum unless Steve deems my presence 'persona non grata', I'll not bother to read your posts nor respond to them henceforth.

3. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How American of you. First of all, living in someone else's country is a privilege, not a right, so,if you aren't willing to do the hassle, you can always go home. It seems most Americans have a different attitude about immigrants to the U.S., than they do about immigrating to someone else's country. I don't know if you're American, but you sound like it. They think every immigrant to the U.S. should learn English, then they immigrate to another country and they want everyone there to speak English,and, heaven forbid, they make it difficult to immigrate to their country. How many times have I heard "does anyone know a plumber, doctor, lawyer, etc who speaks English"? How many 10 and 15 year immigrants do I know who still don't speak Spanish? Go ahead, lounge by your pool and at the beach. Some of us came here to get to know Mexico AND Mexicans not to find a cheaper place to exploit.

4. CancunMole

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Judge not lest you be judged!

LOL at your pompous rant, yet another superior than thou poster? You don't know me from Adam/Eve. All that needs to be known by you or anyone about me is what I choose to be known.

Rest assured that I/WE come here legally and always have. We paid cash to the Mexican owner for our Casa, pay our taxes and fidecomiso fees on time. We pay ahead on all our utilities (water, electric, telephone/internet) when we're going back to the USA (aren't you happy you were right?). We pay for our own medical expenses when needed here unlike some others who seem proud to be using the Mexicans' system. We support the local economy and especially businesses whenever materials and supplies are needed.

How dare you imply that we're exploiting anyone here in Mexico? Seems to me that Mexico WISELY doesn't afford the same courtesies to immigrants that the USA chooses to do. NO push 2 for English here in Mexico nor signs in public areas in both English and Spanish. Also doesn't seem to any Mexican social workers here just waiting to make my 6 months here any easier either. I can speak enough Spanish to get by thanks to having taken French and Latin although my comprehension is limited when speech is rapid. IMO, legal issues require complete understanding, hence paying a Mexican legal expert.

I live in BOTH countries and pay my required share in BOTH!

I'm curious as to just how many Mexicans you have come to know during your time here and not just the ones that you come in contact with but ones that come to your home for a day long visit?

We have more Mexican amigos here than anyone others and they come to our home with their families. I can't tell you how many have mentioned that coming to our house is the only time that their children have been in a private swimming pool! Quite a few kiddos have learned to swim right here at out Casa.

FWIW, you too are not worth my time to read nor respond to going forward.

5. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

You should listen to yourself. I paid....Ipaid....I paid....I have a swimming pool....so you deserve to live here because you have money. Like I said, immigration to another country is not a right...it's a privilege, which, apparentlhy you thnk you have bought for yourself. You sound like the guy who says....I'm not a raicst...then says something racist, or claims he's not homophobic because he has a gay friend. I'll bet your even a tea bagger. I'm really impressed with all your wealth. And how much money do your Mexican friends have? I was born poor and I'll die with not much more. I don't even need a pool or someone to get my visa for me. You need to smoke some week, dude. You're not from Dallas are you?

Btw, i dont have enough money to be pompous. I'll leave that to you.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Here we go again. Let's stop these personal attacks now.

I thought this had all stopped when the two or three trolls 'left' a few years ago - yes there were only two or three, and they continue to troll other people elsewhere, like trolls do. Why is it that this forum represents maybe 2% of the site's readership and 90% of the fall outs??

For the record I don't see what the big deal is in employing a professional to perform a service on your behalf. I have used Mauricio's services several times although not every time I needed a renewal. Of the times I have then it has gone smoother and involved less hassle for me than the times I haven't. That's why when we want to buy a house we use a realtor, when we want a divorce we use a lawyer, when we want a car fixed we take it to the garage, when we have a water leak we call a plumber - we don't try and do everything ourselves because our time and skills are better spent.

I realise that some people have time to fill like V, and others cant afford it like Tristan. But it doesnt make any of us who do employ professionals for a professional service to save ourselves time, money and hassle any less of a contributor. In fact I would argue it make us more of one.

7. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check back and see who started the insults just because he misconstrued some totally harmless language. I'd say this calls for a beer summit, but I can't afford it. I'm just a cave man who was frozen in ice for a million years, then thawed out and went to Texas A&M and became a University Professor.

I don't think anyone on this thread meant to insult anyone. Cant we all just get along? We're acting like the U.S congress.

Btw, I also do my own plumbing , electrical, computers, car reparis, and most anything, but I don't operate on myself.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The way I see it is V started with the first dig, but it was aimed at people no longer around and not the person who took offence. Kind of snowballed from there.

Anyway, good to see some humour interjected now.

9. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think V meant anything by it. It's just his pompous mannner. JUST KIDDING!!!!

Anhyway, i think I'm going to ban myself from this forum cause I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy....I'm not worthy.......

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys are nuts. I have done my own INM stuff for the last few years but decided to use ?Mauricio for the first time, this year. The money was well spent. I was approved in 11 or 12 days, did my fingerprints, paid the $ and turned in my free fotos. Expect to have my card by the end of next week. Mauricio told me to meet him there at 7:30 am one dat, which I did. He got there at 6:30 am and held my place in line. I as not the first one in line but as the first one in the door. Don't ask how that happened but I had a book and the guards brought me a chair. It was money well spent, not to have to follow up, not have to go to Banjercito twice and monitor their website. I just showed up when Mauricio told m and that was it. Piece of cake.

I don't know Tristan nut I consider V and Mrs V, and Mole and Mr Mole to be very good friends of mine.

Steve is right. This is getting too personal. No one needs to be chastised for wanting to use at attorney. If people like ?Mauricio, it is not that they/we are in a cult. Some people need his help. Others prefer it. He happens to be a great guy and very good at his job. I have known of him for years but have only known him for a month or so. He is worth the price of the ticket.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice