First Week Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Tyler and Angie, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Stevonia

Stevonia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 0
    Great report. We had minor issues with our room but we were not expecting perfection. It was really nice to meet and get to know yall. We will definitely plan our next trip when yall are there. We felt like we were hanging with the cool crowd around yall. LOL

2. Rocky316us

Rocky316us Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I hope by third week of October things are situated ... I m pretty sure it will be though since October 15 is grand opening

3. beachcpl4fun

beachcpl4fun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Im posting an update to my trip report here now that Im back. We ate at SHE, the asian (twice), seaflirt (twice) and the buffet. Staff is amazing. It rained a lot during our trip and noticed that every time it did that there were 2 or 3 places in the hotel (one being the main lobby) where they were tearing and replacing drywall in the ceiling. Hope they fix those issues as there's likely to be rain the forecast the next month or so. We got roped into the premier/member pitch as they lied to us at checkin. Told them ahead of time i had no interest in the premier and they said it was a 'group orientation' to the new resort. I thought it was going to be a tour of the new places but realized it was the sales pitch when we met in the morning. I mention this so that others dont fall for it. The weather was crap anyway so the time waste wasnt that bad for us.

We met great people at the pool and the day-games were fun and on par with prior trips we have there. Hung out in the sports bar on the rainiest of days and they had a band playing classic rock (amazing!) and playing drinking games so it was good times despite the weather. All the night-time shows are fantastic and should not be missed! We had to bail on the white night due to party fatigue and sexy time that ended the night for us. We regretted not rallying the rest of the trip since the shows are so good. We dressed up all the theme nights and in general participation was lower than our past trips.

We hardly went to the beach this time since the pool is so awesome. Many ladies didnt like the deeper water and I admit it covers the boobs now so more hangout in the fun holes and the pool edges. Never had any issues getting chairs around the pool over the Labor day weekend.

So are trip was great despite the soft open problems. Only real bummer was our departure. We missed our connecting flight in Ft Lauderdale on Tues, 9/5. We were stuck at the gate on the plane for more than an hour and then another 1.5 hours to clear customs. Since the Irma storm was coming there were no flights out on ANY airline before the weekend. The SW-air rep flat out told us to rent a car asap and drive home. So we did rent a car in Ft Laud at 9pm and headed north to Virginia. We arrived home (1100 miles) and 24 hours later. I do hope Irma stays off the coast but more important that people stay safe when she does arrive. We saw all florida license plates on our drive up to the DC area so I know many were making the right move.
    Look forward to reading more trip reports until our return in 2018! Cheers to ALL!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice