First Week Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Tyler and Angie, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Chad Carpenter

Chad Carpenter Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We just got back from our trip and also had a few issues. This was our first time going so I have nothing to compare it to. Since we were new we had the whole presentation to become primer members which we were told would take an hour only. Well this went on for over two hours. We were only there for a day and they kept trying over and over to have us become members after we told them this is our first time here and we need to experience it first to see if it's something we like. Apparently they didn't understand this and kept us there longer. I became upset as we paid good money to spend around the resort not sitting there wasting our vacation time.

We stayed in the lush tower room and the room was very nice. However, we had to walk through six hallways to get to our room that were dark and not even close to being finished. We had to walk around The workers and their equipment every day As they were working on The hallways and The rooms next to us that are not done. The cleanliness when we first got there could have been better as there was water on the floor and the counter, also the floor was not swept. We had a Jacuzzi on the balcony but the jets did not work. The tv is on a short stand and when lying in bed your not able to see the bottom half of the tv. There was a few bulbs missing and burnt out already in the lamps and led lighting. There was contruction work happening in the rooms above us and found chunks of plaster throughout our balcony. None of this was a huge factor to us so we didn't report any of it to the staff just thought for being brand new it would have been better.

We tried to eat at the Mexican restaurant 3 times for dinner and it was never open. Apparently it's only open for lunch. We tried to make reservations for SHE but we were to late in the day so we tried to make them early the next day and they told us it is closed for the night. It had been open everyday besides that day so not sure why it was closed or why they didn't tell us that the day before. We tried to go to the score bar one day and it was not open either. The bash area and large Jacuzzi was open the first two days we were there then they closed them down and had workers tearing up the concrete which seemed like nothing was wrong with it as we were all on it the night before. After two days they reopened bash but not the Jacuzzi. They moved the theme night to score bar when bash was being worked on. Score I feel is way to small for the theme nights.

The dress code for the Italian and steakhouse is suppose to be smart casual which means no shorts, which they sometimes enforce. I sat there and watched them allow a few men in with shorts and then the very next guy they told him no he couldn't come in and made him go change or go elsewhere. This happened in both restaurants.

Overall we enjoyed our stay there and will be back again. The wait staff and bartenders are amazing. Everyone is very friendly and a joy to be around. The pool is huge and we love the design and colors of the resort and rooms. We knew they were not completely done with everything but we felt some of the more important things should have been done and be consistant with the policies they have in place. We did ask the staff questions about where the restuarant and bars were (none of them are labeled) and when they were open and not very many knew. Every time we asked someone they had to go ask someone else. I realize this is all new but the staff needs to be educated on the place.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Any pics of the lush room? You are the first I have heard of being in one. None were done when we were there.

Sucks the jacuzzi wasn't working. Was it a 2 person jacuzzi or a big one like the master suites have? Pic attached for reference of the big ones.

Re the closure of Bash it was announced a couple days in advance. Of course no one can plan accordingly w something like that. They had rain leakage issues. So needed to redo some stuff. Another sign that they sacrificed some quality to open on the 15th.

3. Chad Carpenter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0

4. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Oops realizing I forgot the pic

Was the lush jacuzzi this size?

RenderedContent-7EDCCE55-2AB6-4DF9-9681-E1FD6439A192.JPG RenderedContent-397467D6-514F-4E77-85FA-D26709EEF920.JPG

5. Chad Carpenter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Resized952017082795153652.jpg Resized952017082795153710.jpg Resized952017082795153652.jpg Resized952017082795153710.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Chad Carpenter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
  7. Chad Carpenter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0

Attached Files:

8. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    That is a master suite. You were likely upgraded as the lush rooms are not done. The masters are on the ends. We were in the same type of room. The lush rooms are in the middle of the two towers. Bash rooms in each tower. With master on the end closest to the water

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Elevators working yet?

10. Chad Carpenter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Yes they were. We would take the stairs from time to time to stay out of the way of the workers though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice