First Trip Cancun Temptations

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by P & D, Feb 10, 2023.

1. MrandMrsSmith

MrandMrsSmith Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 1
    Might be another company that they are using but was under the impression that all the transfers provided by the resort were through USA Transfers.

2. void_of_light

void_of_light Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    that was what I thought too.

3. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    I know in 2020 the resort used Aventour for our transportation, but that may have since changed.

4. KANDJ

KANDJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0
    Transfers set up through Temptation will use Aventour.
    Without going into a lot of specifics (you can find them on this site if you search), Aventour has some issues.
    I highly recommend USA transfer. There are links through the home page.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    I just booked through the same website, how long does it take for the hotel to confirm and charge you? I usually book through cheapcaribbean.com but actually received a better deal through the Temptation experience website.

6. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,805 / 5
    Can’t say anything about the other carriers but have 10+ trips with USA Transfers and never an issue. Even solved a few flight and bag delay related issues seamlessly.

7. JandCfATL

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    I was asking about booking hotel through the Temptation-experience website. It took the hotel over a week to process the deposit for the room reservation and I was concerned with confirmation of the room. The website didn't give me the option to pay in full and stated I had to contact the hotel for when they would charge me and confirm. I prefer to pay all up front and receive confirmation asap for my vacation. I've also used USA transfer with no issues and like their professionalism and timely responses to reservations. I'm still waiting for the hotel to charge my remaining balance and send room confirmation and one-way transportation voucher. The booking and confirmation of the hotel through Temptation-experience is a little stressful for someone that prefers confirmation asap.

8. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    I’ve been burned twice by Expedia with some non-Temptation bookings (paid in full and show up to no hotel booking…). So I almost always book directly through hotels directly now, generally find the costs similar.

For our upcoming trip we booked through the Temptation website and paid the deposit. I called last week to make my final payment, all was quick and painless. Then I received an email on the weekend that I still needed to pay… cue a bit of stress. Of course I had to wait until Monday to get ahold of anybody. In the end it was just an automated email reminder to pay… Weird.

9. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,805 / 5
    There are definitely some savings out there going through third party resellers and there are a couple of them that actually look and make you think you are on the Original Group site. We have only ever booked direct with the resort and, with one exception, have good experiences. The one exception was we were fully booked in a PH with a confirmation and they didn’t have the room type when we arrived (they only have 6 and that meant someone paid a lot more for their stay than our reservation). To their credit they put us in in a BASH Tower room for the first 3 nights and did not charge us and then we moved to the PH for the balance of the 9 nights. Hated to move but saved a lot of $. We did have the same issue with confirmation timing a few times prior but and my best guess is they may be waiting for someone to pay more before they confirm you?? Seems like a slippery slope. We are booked in a Master next trip and have a confirmation but won’t pay in full (per their requirement) until 30 days beforehand.

10. JandCfATL

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Thanks for the information. FYI, Temptation-experience is an affiliated website and when you click the reserve Temptation here link in the cancuncare website, Temptation-experience is where it directs you to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice