First timers

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Hazelangel, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hazelangel

Hazelangel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is our first time to cancun. My boyfriend has been other places in Mexico in the past but we were wondering about things to do and shopping. We will be there jan 14-18. Is it best to stay within the resort or venture out. What's the nightlife like at the GP? I like to dance and him not so much only when he's been drinking lol. So I don't want to be dancing alone.. Any feedback would be helpful.. What's the temp like at night in January? Should I bring a light jacket? Thanks

2. Viking5343

Viking5343 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Make your way to the Tiki bar in the evening and you will have a blast. If you go to a night club off the resort I recomend Coco Bongo's. We are gonna be there the 18th - 25th our third time there but it has been a few years.

3. Hazelangel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! We can always find a party and if we can't, we start one lol

4. chickbling355

chickbling355 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like my hubby- no dancing unless he has had quite a few drinks but usually there's always someone around that will dance with ya, guy or gal as previous stated just head to the tiki bar :)

Have a great time! You will enjoy it no doubt

5. outbackmac

outbackmac Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bars

do the bars close at a certain time sending all inside

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    My first few years I didn't go to downtown hotel zone at all. I missed out on a lot! there is TONS of shopping! Once you get on the bus.... you will see "La Isla" on your left a little bit up aways. You can't miss it. It's huge and beautiful. TONS of stores! Take the little boat ride inside :)

Once you get to downtown hotel zone you will see a little market to your left. You can get off there. This is where the flea market, slices, terrasta, Plaza forum by the sea(a multi level mini mall), carlos n charlies, coco bongo, the city, mandala, congo, dos equis and other places are. The clubs wont open until night but you can still venture out and do some shopping/eating.

I would recommend a light jacket for some chilly nights.

7. Hazelangel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. We are so looking forward to meeting some new people and having a blast. Can't wait for some sun and above freezing temps.....

8. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    You are very welcome! you will love Cancun!! It's rare that people only go to Cancun once. I go every year for my birthday, except last year because I was very pregnant, lol. but I wouldn't miss cancun for the world! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice