First Timers Trip Review - April 7th-12th

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by ctxbeachbums, Apr 27, 2018.

1. ctxbeachbums

ctxbeachbums Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    We made our first ever trip to Temptation in April. We had planned on going before and then the renovation happened so we had to delay, and April was the first time everything lined up for us to go.

Booking: I booked through Southwest Airlines vacations. The flights to/from where we live are pretty short, Southwest also had the best prices. On top of that we just opened up a Chase Sapphire reserve card so this helped us get towards our spending goal to receive the bonus points on the new card. Basically our next trip is going to be free with the points we have built up from this trip and our every day spending. Anyway, round trip from Austin to Cancun plus 5 nights in the Bash Tower was $2300. I saw a few lower prices but they were on less reliable travel websites, so spending a little extra to have a reputable company was worth it to me.

Travel: Southwest for us at least went through Terminal 4 at the Cancun airport. Also there were free drinks on the flights coming and going, the first flight they said they ran out of time to ring us up, the second time they just flat out forgot to charge us. Terminal is brand new, everything in the terminal was super nice. Immigration and customs was a breeze. Finding and getting on board the USA Transfers outside was a bit of a clusterfuck. Lots of different travel services outside picking up people. I guess in my mind I was expecting 6 or 7 different services but it seemed more like 20+. The driver and customer service for USA Transfers was top notch. Very good job by them and I would use them again for sure.

The Room: Our room was a Bash Tower suite on the 4th floor. Wonderful view. The noise from the club downstairs wasn't bad at all. You could sleep through it easily with a little alcohol. The room itself looked very nice but I have the feeling the way things were constructed it may not stand the test of time. In the shower I noticed a spot on the ceiling where water from the floor above had leaked down and gotten some of the drywall wet, and pieces of then dried up drywall were on our shower wall. The hole in the ceiling where this originated was not super big, 2 cm x 10 cm, but still for a room this new it shouldn't be an issue. Also one of the elevators was out of service the entire time. Not a big deal since we didn't have to wait hardly ever, but again another sign that the upmost care may not have been put into construction. Oh and to anyone who got to watch us put on a show on the balcony the last night, I hope you enjoyed :)

The Staff: Bartenders were all excellent and super friendly. Same could be said for the waitstaff at the restaurants. The playmakers all did a great job to get the party going. My only complaint would be towards the sales staff as you pass through the lobby. They keep pestering you over and over as you pass through. We finally started taking the long way around behind the coffee shop to avoid them. I was pretty annoyed that they were trying to sell us on memberships before we even set foot in our room. How would we possibly know if we wanted to buy a membership just based on our first 10 minutes checking in to the hotel and seeing the lobby?

The Hotel: I liked the visual design overall for the places we were at, but the functionality of everything could have been better. As has been stated before, the pool is a little deep which keeps you from seeing more boobies. Steps in various places were at odd angles and distances which can be tricky if you are drinking. I saw several people fall down or trip throughout our stay. In the lobby the steps down towards the lobby bar were tricky and I turned my ankle a bit. The way the tile/carpet/steps transitioned got me, and I was sober.

The Restaurants: We had everything except for She. Everything was solid and nothing there was what I would call a bad meal, but nothing there was what I would call a great meal either. And that is okay. I'm just looking for something to get me by in between rounds of drinking. We did not choose this resort looking for 5 star cuisine. I think my favorite meals overall were the breakfast buffet. The one thing that was odd was in either Amore or Flame I forget which one, but the chairs were 3 legged so you had to be a little careful getting in and out or else you would tip over.

The Bars/Pools: The Sexy Pool was a blast. The water temp was fine. The only thing about the depth is that the boobies are less visible. The Quiet Pool is just that, very quiet. It is a nice change of pace though and a good place to get away. The pool up on the top floor was nice and the view up there is great. I kind of wish we had spent more time up there. I would definitely pay $20 to spend a day up there if it were not already included in our package. The theme nights at Bash were fun and yeah the songs were a little repetitive but that was okay. The Sports Bar is a hidden gem. It is under-advertised and it seems like very few people go in there.

The People: I would say 80% of the crowd was mostly 30-50 years old. I would guess that about 25% were openly swingers, and another 25% more in the closet swingers, then everyone else was just doing there own thing. There were a couple of single guys that were a little ..... creepy.... but that was to be expected. Also several lifestylers tried to test the waters with us. Once they found out our barriers then most of them didn't want to have anything to do with us. We met a couple one night at the Sports Bar, "Joe" and "Jane". They found out we weren't into full swapping so they left pretty quick. I ran into "Joe" early the next day at the Sexy Pool and suddenly his name changed to "Bob" which I thought was funny because later I noticed he posted here under the name "Joe". Also I overheard him introduce himself to someone at Bash later that night and his name was back to "Joe" again. LOL.

The Boobs Cruise: The staff on the boat was top notch. Omar was a great host and got the party going. I definitely recommend it to everyone. The ladies on this trip made it a good time. I'll leave out the details, but trust me, you have to go. :)

Overall: We will definitely be back. This place has definitely earned a spot in our vacation rotation.

2. RagZ

RagZ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0
    Overall a great report and happy to see you seemed to have a fun time. Unfortunate about the experience with some of the lifestyle couples, must've just been the crowd there that week. My wife and I aren't LS and have learned to make it known pretty quick, but have found most of those who we had to tell were still friendly and open to hanging out at bash/in the pool after the line is made clear.

3. ctxbeachbums

ctxbeachbums Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    I wont judge all by the actions of a few. It was pretty funny to us though that once it was clear the guy wasn't going to have sex my wife that they wanted absolutely nothing to do with us any more. Oh well lol.

4. ChurchMissy

ChurchMissy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    Thats strange. We really noticed no different treatment from swingers or non swingers. We partied with all equally. If you were not lifestyle, o well, party on ( not swingers by the way, i dont think...) ha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice