First Timer's Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by longshot18, Nov 14, 2015.

1. longshot18

longshot18 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Wife and I went a week. Thought I would give an overview of things from our point of view.

Room: We liked our room- a lot. But now we do understand why there is such a fuss from people about them because different rooms will have different feel. We could not imagine having a room near Patty-O's! Wife needs her sleep and happy wife = happy life. Advice: Make sure you ask for a room to suit your style. Swingers/exhibitionists: Get a jacuzzi room lower floor, or 1229 has a massive double balcony!!!. Like loud all the time- Patty O's or by the sexy pool is great. Want a quieter retreat, 2nd/3rd floor by the quiet pool. That is what we had and we liked it. We did meet some people who had a similar room whose AC supposedly did not work, but we were cold in ours.

Is the hotel Dated: Yeah. Did it bother us? Maybe a bit here and there, but not that much. Look, if you want a 5 star resort with marble counter tops this is not it. The resort is showing some wear and tear, and things like some tiles in the bathroom were broken. But overall it was clean. The main areas (pool, restaurants) seem to be in good shape, the rooms, hallways, etc. could use some touch up. But that is being picky really. They kept the public areas very clean, which is very nice.

Beach: We had heard the beach was downright terrible. Truth is, again, its not a 5 star beach with pristine blue waters. But my wife who loves the beach was more than happy hanging out by the beach, riding the sail boats, wading in the ocean, finding shade (which is not avail really at the pool) and being a minute walk from the sexy pool activities. If you are going to Cancun for the beach, this is probably not the resort for you. If you are there and want the beach as part of your experience, you will be just fine.

Food: It's really hard to give an opinion (or read someone elses) on food and get any good info. We all have different tastes, etc. It was the same quality you would find on say a cruise. Good, not great most of the time. The highlight for us was the buffet would occassionally have raw fish they would cook for you- the tuna seared was downright tasty. Much of the food is on the blander side, but that comes from people who love our spices. So to some that may be a good thing.

Service: Absolutely incredible. From the housekeeper, bar staff, activity staff, security, etc....awesome!

General Vibe: Unless you book the hotel by mistake (which we did encounter when we were checking in- a church group!!!), you will find your niche. There is absolutely a swinger presence so if that is your thing you will be at home. My wife and I are not- we are the type who like to be sexual around, but not with people. But we found our niche too, and never once felt pressured by anyone to do anything. The motto "nobody knows you and nobody gives a shit" really does ring true. As long as you are comfortable in your skin and at whatever pace you want- you will have an absolute blast.

Tips for Newbies:
    1) Bring tip money. We had heard you get better drinks if you tip, not sure we noticed that, but we tipped anyway. We did tip the housekeeper $5 a day and asked for extra bottled water and she stocked our fridge! Nice to hydrate after a day at the pool/beach.

2) Don't be afraid. Before we went we read a lot of the posts on things from heavy girls, to swingers, to what to wear, what if I am too fat, etc. Bottom line is this: If you think you are too old, you won't be the oldest. If you think you are too over weight, there will be larger. If you think you are the hottest couple- there will be hotter. Bottom line is literally everyone fits in. The first day we got there, a 70ish something woman was walking around in a thong and I said "God bless her!" and my wife said "I hope to be her some day"

3) I would guess a majority of people there have never heard of cancuncare. Two of the three couples we spent most of the week with had been there multiple times and never heard of it. I am saying this because whether you meet someone here ahead of time you mesh with or not, you will find someone there you mesh with if you have any personality at all.

4) Theme nights: The week we were there it was 95% the resort theme, and very few of the "cancun care theme". I don't know if that is true every week, but it was our experience the week we were there, but ladies if you just find some of the sexy dresses in the colors that match the hotel theme night you will blend in. And if you are wondering "Can I wear that" the answer is yes. The first night we hopped off the plane in jeans and t-shirts and went to Patty'os and nobody blinked. The last night my wife was wearing a see through shirt and a white thong and nobody blinked. We saw a guy with a mesh thong, girls with nipples protruding, etc. Go and be as sexy as you are comfortable with and trust me- whatever level that is, you won't stand out.

My wife is also pretty conservative and after the first night at Patty'O's she stated she needed more revealing cloths. But the thing is-whether you go topless, wear a thong, or wear jeans and a T-shirt, nobody gives a freaking shit. Be who you are and you can't help but have fun at that level.

Finally, thanks to a lot of you here on this forum (Randy and Kay, Rick and Mel, Tex (well thats what he goes by there, not sure name here) and more. You guys rock! We did not hang out a ton, but you made us feel at home. And if not for taking the time to answer some questions online here, we might never have gone.

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Nice TR

Thank you

3. TimAndBrenda

TimAndBrenda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 1
    Great trip report. You two sound like the perfect couple for Temptation. Hope to see you there some day!

4. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Nice TR
    Randy and Kay are 2 of the finest ppl you could have mentor you at Mecca

5. fred639

fred639 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0
    :aktion060:Nice
    You hit the Nail on the HEAD

6. Rick & Mel

Rick & Mel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    Great report...It was nice meeting you!

7. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hope all first timers read your trip report.
    I think you are right on the money with all your thoughts!

We were first timers...8-9 trips ago!

Already planning our next trip.

Jeff n Jill

8. Feetdown

Feetdown Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thank you for the trip report and all the good advice, makes planning easier.

9. Hola123

Hola123 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Great review AND very accurate!! It sounds exactly like what I tell my friends and family about the place.

10. DK_Calgary

DK_Calgary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 0
    Nice trip report! We found the same on our first trip, although you forgot to mention that your last day there your already trying o book the next trip there ;) ...Trip number 3 coming up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice