First timers to The Golden...Arriving April 6th for seven nights

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by St Louis Blues, Feb 2, 2015.

1. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    You will have a fantastic time. Usually, the party is there if you wish. The beach is fantastic. In our experiences, with a little help the tiki bar can get very fun, as well as the hot tub. Much different than TTR, which is what we believe you are seeking. The service and food are very good compared to most all-inclusives.

2. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Hey St.Louis, we stayed at SSS for a few days 2 years ago. We liked it except, the beach suck. GP beach is great. Love having the GP beach bar right there too. Yes the rooms are not the greatest. We don't spend anytime in the room, that's us.

3. smokeeater777

smokeeater777 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Is gp topless optional

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Yes............

5. WiscHunter

WiscHunter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great Vacation at Golden

My wife and I just returned from a week vacation at the GP. First time at this resort. There was no bumming to the Great.
    This resort is an older resort but did not affect our vacation.

Cons of Resort
    The lighting over the sink could be brighter.
    Only one favor of beer. XX (Last day I did see cans of Bud Light)

Pros of Resort
    We had a great experience with everyone there.

Restaurants
    We ate at every restaurant except the Sumo. All of the food was really good. The coconut shrimp and lasagna at Pier 12 was my favorite. Old Barn had a great fillet Mignon and BBQ smoked ribs. Shanghai restaurant has a special romantic feel. Grilled salmon was very good as well. The breakfast and lunch buffets at the Paradise was good also. Lots of made to order options. The Breeze had nachos, burgers, hot dogs, several different sandwich types also.

Bars
    The bars were all fun. We spent a lot of time at the Tiki and Sixties bars. The Tiki bar was always busy every night. Jose and Carlos are awesome bartenders which never lets your drink glass get empty. Enjoys to encourage girls to do body shoots which are fun. This happened one night. There was no topless girls all week. Charly is a great bartender in the Sixities bar, Also never allows your drink to get low.

Pool
    Beautiful pools. The pool was cold the first day but warmed up as the week went along. The hot tub was pretty warm but not hopping. Only one set of steps to get into pool in the deeper water. We witnessed several times managers of the resort removed towels from chairs saved around the pool if not used within a hour or so. People were asking for extra chairs and managers were which chairs had not been used for a length of time. We watched these chairs and managers made the right choice to remove towels.
    The pool waitresses Gaby and Carmon are hard working girls. Always remembers your drink and stops by often.

Entertainment Staff
    WOW. The entertainment staff. Always some type of activity to do or watch all day long. Usually there is at least two different activities going on at a time. They do a great job.

Weather
    It rained several times during the week. Hard rain several times were drove people under cover. Some rain showers lasted 10 minutes and sun came out.
    Temperature was around 85 to 88 during the day and 70's at night. Was very windy most days. Red flag was always flying.

Grounds
    Yes, there are things that obvious needs to be updated but it does not slow anything down. There were three different remodeling projects going on to improve appearance but did not interfere with anyone. There is a older gentlemen who continues to keep the pool area clean. Also helps setting up umbrellas around the pool chairs.
    Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and will return again the the GP.

6. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you had a great time. Like any other place I guess it depends on the people there if it is more laid back or rockin... I hope when we go it is somewhere in the middle to rockin! Thanks again for the report!

7. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    No ......not at all!

Set the trend for the week! Lots of folks will follow your lead.

Go fo it

8. St Louis Blues

St Louis Blues Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    So, I noticed about a week ago, the price for this week increased. Yesterday, GP wasn't even available through Apple or Fun Jet. I'm assuming that means the resort is either filled or near full for 4/6 - 4/13?

9. zoe baby

zoe baby Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    first time going to TTR

Any suggestions anyone? What about attire at night - I'm used to Desire Peal and Hidden Beach - so how wild is this place?

10. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I have found the cheapest prices for GP are at vacationexpress.com. I booked March 25-29 and paid just over $100 per person double occupancy a night. I checked every site imaginable and this was noticeable the cheapest. Also, the prices can change often, I waited it out until the price dropped.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice