First timers to The Golden...Arriving April 6th for seven nights

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by St Louis Blues, Feb 2, 2015.

1. St Louis Blues

St Louis Blues Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    We've been to Riviera Maya (Secrets Silversands) area three times and Jamaica once. Have never stayed in Cancun. Golden looks to be a bit older of a resort than we've stayed at in the past, but we are excited to see this part of Cancun and sounds like Golden, generally, has a fun crowd. Any room tips, suggested off the resort adventures, or any other advice in general is welcome.

2. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We will supply you with a full trip report after our return (March 25-29). From reading others post, the Tiki bar and hot tub can be fun late night (pending crowd). Also bring a large insulated cup to prevent numerous refills. I will get you all the details shortly.

3. St Louis Blues

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    Thanks! Insulated cups are already purchased. 63 more days for us. Look forward to hearing about your stay.
    We booked thru Applevacations. Under amenities for the standard "deluxe" room, a hair dryer is not listed, nor is a mini fridge??????

4. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Bring clothes skimpier than you can ever imagine wearing in your normal life. If you pick something up and say "I would NEVER wear this! " then it is perfect for TTR!

We are St Louisans as well! Frontier will give you a direct flight! Have a great trip!

5. St Louis Blues

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    We are staying at The Golden Parnassus, not Temptations.....so I guess the "skimpy" attire will have to wait for another day....

And yes we do have a direct flight. Nothing like leaving STL at 6 a.m. and being on the beach by noon!!! 63 days!

6. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    But they aren't goin to TTR.

As far as GP ....it is below SSS experience. Beach, entertainment and ents staff, food, restaurant choices, dri k quality and choice, rooms, most evrything Secrets Silversands is better

GP is just OK. Good chill hotel.
    if you really luv SSS...u likely/ may be a bit disappointed. But then again SSS is our fav of the 3 Secrets properties in RM.

7. St Louis Blues

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    We are well aware that Golden will not have rooms, and high end booze/beer that Secrets has. We chose Golden for a couple of reasons; we've never stayed in this part of Cancun. We love the beach and taking long walks on the beach. Secrets is a very laid back crowd too. Golden, hopefully, will be a bit more of a party atmosphere. Last but not least, Golden was about 1/2 the price Secrets. As always, I am a bit nervous when going to a place we haven't been. We have been at one AI in Jamaica that we didn't care for, but still managed to have a great week there. Give us good weather, a beautiful beach, decent food/drink and we are good to go!

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Curious, how many times have you been there?

9. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Where?

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Golden Parnassus

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice