First Timer's Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by TheBTeam, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    well I guess this means I should come again soon to rebuild the reputation of my single make brethren... Lol

2. TheBTeam

TheBTeam Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My review is not a bash on single men being at the resort. It's groups of them, like as in 6-10 in full bachelor party mode and definitely not in a fun cancuncare type way. If you had been there, we would have partied no doubt.

3. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Not every week at Temptation is the bomb as you found out. In the last 365 days we have made 5 visits there. Not every week has been spectacular. In fact our last trip ( first week of June was very laid back...but we knew and wanted that)

Yes you are right you should book again, after spending some time on this site and getting a feel for the different sub-groups. Some are mega groups accepting of everyone and some are small and cliquish.Some are bold and bombastic and some are very low key.
    After some research you can find the group and timeframe that fits you and that is when you should book for a real TTR experience.

But having said that, groups change and each year can be very different, depending on the personalities present and group vibe. Perhaps too much emphasis is being placed on groups' reputations.

After 18 trips we have seen several groups, numerous times, and the enrrgy level is surprising sometimes.

Therefore this site helps to learn about the ppl/CCC members. Overtime you will gravitate to the personalities you want to hang with, book when they do, and then you can guarntee yourself a great vacay

4. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    That is the way to go in my books. I think you must have been there on a very off week...rare but it happens. Give TTR another chance you won't regret it and have a blast! We have met some life long friends at TTR :)

Don't forget to do a Boobs Cruise...fun beyond words.

5. dglove007

dglove007 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am with you here. Not a great report for single guys (even if they aren't in "packs"). This is one of the reasons I came back on CCC to email, get to know some of the personalities of who all are going to be there. Its nice to have an idea of the people there so you can make friends and drinking companions. LOL, now I guess I will sit at the pool, hands on the bar, eyes forward so I dont appear to be gawking.....lol. Seriously, the people I have talked to on here seem cool, and it seems to be a fun party crowd....

6. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Large groups of young single men (20-25) do indeed change the TTR vibe. Most seemed to be British Athletic groups that were some how misled into thinking TTR was a sexual free for all. Really noticeable at PAttyOS. My wife didn't think much about the "youngsters" until she ask one (who appeared very sick), if there was any thing she could do to help. He must have given a very "honest" reply, since she came back and stated "thats one mistake I won't make again". Some gals really like the attention from groups of single men, some feel very "uneasy".

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The O/P's marginal TTR experience is the "Why" behind the need for CancunCare.com's forum. A bit of coordination, a bit of slightly-open minded calendaring of trip to go with others of like mindedness, and Wallah! Great time to be had!

However, duds invade TTR just like anywhere else. Think what "could" have happened to the dud-party if a group.... no lets call them a "pack" of the April Addicts transplanted themselves out of April (with full party voice and naughty-clothing intact) into the week that the O/P was there? All things solved, little outfits by his Mrs. put on AND probably taken off, etc. Handled!

Sorry your time was marginal, but you're right, that Couple's Sensual Massage is the shiznit.

8. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of folks don't have the option of choosing when to go to TTR or any other vacation spot where you want to stay more than a couple of days. My wife's school calender allows for trips first week of Oct, First week of April, week before Christmas. The Summers are a different story. but then Cancun is just plain HOT !!!

9. idonotdonot

idonotdonot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be there Oct 8-12. What is the "norm" for that time of year? The wife and I are first timers, but we have talked and we are both excited and ready to expand our experiences and possibly do some things we haven't in the past. I think single guys would be off the table for us. We would be more comfortable with another couple.

10. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Week 8 has never once been boring. Theme nights always have people dressed up. If you can get away in late February, I am sure you will have a better review.

We just booked a last minute trip yesterday. We are headed down Monday. I am a little worried. On the positive side if it is slower, we will probably be able to eat at all the specialty restaurants and I may even get to read a book. Week 8 is usually overbooked and we know so many people, we are usually visiting instead of reading/relaxing. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice