First TImer...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by krourke83, Jul 15, 2008.

1. krourke83

krourke83 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All,
    So my boyfriend and I just booked our trip to Temptation after reading all the comments on this site and thank you all for helping us make the decision a lot easier! I can't wait to go...

We are going Feb 13th to the 21st of 2009, and I have a couple questions;
    1. When would be a good time to buy a plane ticket? I know I should wait a while but gas prices rising I don't know if I should book sooner rather than later. Any thoughts??? Which airlines have you all used as well?

2. Has anyone done scuba diving down there? I have never scuba dived but would love to especially down in that beautiful water seeing how I am from New England and the water is much colder. I was thinking of getting certified through PADI before I go on my trip and do my first open water dive down there. Does anyone know if that would work and which company to go through? Or even how much it might cost? My boyfriend is already certified and has done many open water dives so he should be all set.

Thanks for your help in advance and I look forward to seeing some of you there hopefully!!! Let the countdown begin!!! :D

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I would watch for reasonable airfare, and look for non-stop flights. Where do you fly from?

3. krourke83

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be flying from Manchester NH or Boston MA whichever is cheaper!

4. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    We use US Air from Buffalo with one stop in either Philly or Charlotte. Be aware that if you use SW or JetBlue or another discount carrier for part of your trip and then go to a regular airline such as US, American, United, or Delta, they will not interline your luggage. This means that you will have to pick up your luggage and recheck it at the airline doing the rest of the trip. We made that mistake once going to the Bahamas. We took JetBlue to Lauderdale and then American to Nassau. It was a pain. If you shop around, there are some great deals out there. We used frequent flyer miles and paid $100 for two round trip tickets to Cancun from Buffalo. Great deal!!

5. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I would check Jet Blue in another month.

6. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    There is a guy at the sports pool every morning who works with Temptations who can take you scuba diving. He is a certifed diver. A young lady who i met in May was able to get her PADI Certi. at the resort. Not sure about the cost..sorry... But i hear he is good...I'm going to do the diving next May... I just need to slow the partying down so i can go...LMAO!! Have a great time in 2009... :lol:

7. gymfrog007

gymfrog007 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went scuba diving down there with Boris who is usually at the sports pool from 9AM until 11AM, he was really nice, take you on a 45-50 minute dive (depending on how long you tank lasts. The people on our trip lasted anywhere from 41 minutes to 52 minutes for their dive.
    The cost was $88 a person. Takes you to Isla Mujeres and there is a cross that was sunk that is now covered in fire coral. Lots of sea life from fish to lobsters and crabs, to baracuda, and sometimes sting ray.

8. krourke83

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your help. I will check with Boris at the sports pool when I get there.

I found cheaper flights with Jet Blue too and they are non stop. I will just have to keep checking prices to find out when the best time to buy is.

You all are great help!! Glad I found this site :lol:

9. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Have fun...krourke... :lol:

10. krourke83

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GymFrog,

Were you PADI certified before doing a dive? I have never been scuba diving and need to know how I can make it work to do an open water dive down in cancun. How does this Boris guy do his thing and the details or his trip. I am planning on taking courses before I get down there but I will have no open water experience. My boyfriend has been scuba diving many times but hasn't gone in many years. Would that be a problem with Boris?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice