First Timer Trip Report (Aug 28-Sept 3)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by BIG "P", Oct 3, 2013.

1. BIG "P"

BIG "P" Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had reservations about even submitting a trip report because I didn't want to sound too negative. If you are reading this, please give me the benefit of the doubt and read my entire submission because I had some great moments on my trip! I am not at all shy, but I am extremely conservative. This big girl (and preacher's daughter) has never flashed her boobs at anyone, so going to a topless-optional resort was just incentive for me to come out of my shell...only if I ever got comfortable enough to do so. It was my full intention to enjoy myself, party my ass off, meet new friends, experience new things, relax a little and come back to Kentucky with a renewed self-confidence and love of life...and I DID! Being on this website and reading the forums was a great help to me, I must admit. By connecting with people that would be vacationing at the same time, I already had buddies when I got there! It's good to call folks by name and very helpful to get advice from people who have been there so many times. They certainly helped this highly-conservative girl to come out of her shell! I really do recommend making some contacts on here if you plan to go...and I DO think you should go. (Thank you to Shelia, Shawna and Cindy!!)

I came to Temptation as a first timer with my BFF and old college roommate, John Boy. We met people from all over the globe, made great friends & even ventured out into the city for dinner a couple of times. If you decide to take the bus into Cancun, do so at your own risk. One driver was very rude to us, took our money, passed our stop even when we told him FOUR times what our destination was (and he confirmed that he knew exactly where the restaurant was), then took us to the end of his route, forced us to exit and wait for another bus to come get us. It pissed us off royally. You have to get on and off of the bus quickly, too, which is hard for:
    a) a big girl
    b) a big girl with a bad knee
    c) any girl wearing heels
    I literally got injured each time I stepped on or off of the bus because he took off when I still had one leg on the road. They aren't too concerned about safety -- they are concerned about getting to the next stop...quickly.

The sexy pool was loud fun with music, games and crazy conversation & where I met up with most of the friends I had already made on this forum. I am so grateful to folks that reached out to me because they recognized my face (or my screen name that was painted on my big-ass Bubba Mug)! Some of you literally saw me from thirty feet away and walked through a crowded pool of drunkards to come introduce yourself to me! "Travelingd" (Dave & Debbie) even told the regulars to seek me out because I was so nervous about my first trip to TTR and they wanted to make sure I was comfortable every day! I met people that were hilarious, out-going, and screamed out my name to welcome me when they saw me anywhere else in the resort all week (thank you Noah, Ali, Claudio and Tina)! I went to the beach every morning for some relaxation & tanning, then always ended up at the quiet pool. John Boy went to the quiet pool on the first day and just never left. He didn't even venture to the other portions of the resort...He loved it that much. It was much easier to relax there and it's where we really connected with our new friends!

The weather was beautiful, but extremely HOT...so much that I was miserable and it made me sick. I literally had the 'puke & poops' every single day and had to return to the room for several hours each afternoon just to lay down. I was so pitiful on the second night that I had to leave the dinner table three times to go puke (big thanks to CarrieJean, Melissa, Shebop and Cindy for always checking on me). I never got comfortable and cooled off, even in the room. I understand that it is Mexico and it will be hot and miserable...but this fat kid needs reliable air conditioning! I thought that it was just Cancun (food, water, alcohol, heat) and that I would feel much better once I returned home, but I didn't. I was shitting myself to death (even while taking Imodium several times a day) and couldn't keep anything down. I had horrible chills & would sweat like it was my job. I got progressively worse once I returned to Kentucky and ended up in the hospital with pleurisy and DYSENTERY! No wonder I was so damn sick -- I was a walking bacterial infection with puss in my urine, blood in my stool, severe dehydration, and more! I was given IV fluids, CT scans, tons of antibiotics and new medications for nausea, but it didn't help. I ended up having to go back three times and I'm still not quite right. The ER doc said they have no idea what exactly I got into while on vacation, but it would take several months for my body to get back to normal -- lucky me, right?!

The sun was gorgeous until our last full day. It started to pour down rain out of nowhere and never stopped. It came down so fast that the rain gutters couldn't keep up and the entire resort flooded. We had an early flight out of Cancun and our check-out at 4AM was mass chaos. We called for a gentleman to come get our luggage and help us take it to the lobby. He showed up to our room wearing hip-waders and a rain slicker, but the only way for him to get our stuff to the lobby was to go through the flood waters. All of my electronics (hair dryer and what-not) got soaked & ruined, and by the time I finally got home to unpack, everything smelled ungodly. I had to wade through two feet of standing water just to get to the lobby and check out of the hotel! Not only was the resort now a lake, but I was walking through floating trash and dodging garbage bins with every step. It was so gross, I felt like I was covered in amoebas all day! That monsoon was still going on when we left and it was supposed to rain for 3 days. I feel sorry for those folks who may have had the rest of their vacation ruined by the weather. The rain was really awful and we were pretty much stuck in the room. (That may work out just fine for a couple traveling together but when it's a straight girl rooming with her gay bestie, he and I couldn't quite entertain one-another like the rest of you folks could! Bahahaha).
    Since there is no coverage between buildings, we had to walk through the rain and floods to get a bite to eat and we walked ourselves to death! We were in Building 4 at the far-end of the resort. Because we had to walk so far back and forth to get anywhere, we put in several miles a day, especially when we went into the city for food and shopping. **Take good walking shoes. I only packed sandals for night-time wear and flip flops for the pool, so by end of DAY ONE I had blisters between my toes from all of the walking and was in pain with very sore legs and feet, hurting with every step the rest of the week!

Again, I MUST thank the wonderful friends I met on this forum. You made my vacation and convinced me to go on a Boob Cruise, even though I was very nervous about it. I was really concerned about being surrounded by all of those beautiful-bodied people who had no qualms about taking their clothes off and party like its 1999. That doesn't describe me at all. I knew I would be fully covered and my boobs would never see the light of day! Well, I kept all of my clothes on until day THREE when I was on the boob cruise. Chinos literally TOOK my top off of me -- but was kind enough to gather the crew around me to help apply plenty of sunscreen to my pretty parts (Aren't they sweet??!! Bahahaha)!
    I was so nervous and embarrassed because I didn't look like anyone else on that boat -- in fact, I out-weighed every single one of them by at least a 150 pounds! But, I found out that what they say is true, "Nobody knows you and no one gives a shit!" Everyone was so kind and encouraging, going out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I walked onto that boat fully covered but by the end of that boob cruise with Chino and my new-found friends, I didn't give a shit either -- I left my boobs hangin' and I never put a swim top on for the rest of my vacation! I may have grossed out some of those other vacationers but at least I got some really tan titties, and boy, did I let those titties fly!! Even I couldn't believe it!! Three months ago when I was planning my vacation, I never believed it when people tried to convince me of how wonderful it was. The Boob Cruise was certainly the highlight of my trip.

So, yes, I got sick. I spent many hours every day in the darkness of my room instead of the beautiful sunshine on the beach. I spent several thousands of dollars in medical bills and ER visits in attempt to recoup from my Temptation Vacation. But, I also met amazing people and made wonderful friends with whom I'm still in contact.

The food was so-so. The midnight burgers at PatyO's were awesome, as everyone promised! The hot wings were my favorite at Margarita's; fried fish and the goat cheese on croissants were my favorite on the buffet. By all means, I highly recommend leaving the resort for other food choices. We had an amazing seafood meal at Lorenzillo's (on the strip, opposite side of the road) and an even BETTER Italian meal at LaMadonna (in the big fancy shopping center). I would go back to Cancun just to eat at those restaurants, but it wouldn't be during August or September! It would have to be during another time of year when it is much cooler. No more Labor Day Crew for me! It was hotter than Satan's Breath down there and one Cancun Curse is enough for me!!

Sarah

2. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Sounds like you had a tough trip, but you still have a positive attitude about the actual place and the staff as well as the people. I have never gone in September myself, I don't think I could handle the summer heat very well myself. Certainly sounds like you had possible heat stroke or something similar. I had a couple of days like that myself on a couple of trips.

For us bigger folks (sitting at about 275 myself, need to get that going back in the other direction grr) it's important to stay hydrated and in the water or shade for sure!

You may like it better in the winter months, try December to February, should be more to your liking in terms of weather.

3. BIG "P"

BIG "P" Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree!

I'm a big ole girl and I knew the heat would affect me differently than most of those skinny folks. Summers in Kentucky get very hot and humid, so I'm used to it for the most part, but Mexico was just altogether different. I did make it a point to stay hydrated but it seems that I somehow got into contact with Bacteria From Hell that completely turned my world upside down.

I blame the sexy pool :)

4. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Thanks Sarah for the trip report. sorry you Got really sick. Did you get trip vaccinations before you went? We Got trinrex and ductrol before we went.

5. travelingd

travelingd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi so glad we got to meet and share a few laughs. Sorry your exit wasn't much fun. We had move over to Desire then and the crockadiles we're swimming in th oceqn outside the resort after the storm. The removed them that was our fun.
    As for sick. So sorry it got you. I have been lucky. With the disintery I just get allergy/cough when I get home. But the fun is worth it. As for cooler. We went last New Years and it was cooler in day and jacket needed at nite. I think that is more to your liking.
    Keep in touch as to when you will return. Maybe we will go then too

6. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    Great trip report Sarah...

I'm really sorry you got sick. I felt so bad when Ali said you got that sick on your way home..

I hope you are willing to give it another chance. We are going back late april / early may, and its a little cooler then, than over labor day.

Also, if your AC sucks, request a room change. I know a few people that have had that issue.

We have been lucky, and always had good AC in our rooms... Although in April, when we bunked with Claire the last few nights her AC SUCKED ASS and I actually slept on the tile floor one night just so I could be laying in the path of the air conditioner...

I really hope we get to see you again, as you are fun and awesome to be around.. :)

7. dogface2104

dogface2104 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    sorry to hear that you got sick, but that you were able to still come out of your shell and have a good time with good ppl is great too hear.
    deff look into April for yr next trip weather is good and the addicts or a blast!!

8. Lynncr11

Lynncr11 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TTR

So glad you got to enjoy the Boobs Cruise... Nobody knows you nobody gives a shit. Love that attitude there.
    Love you girl so glad I got to meet you in person

9. BIG "P"

BIG "P" Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No shots.

I did not get any vaccinations before my trip. I have been to various parts of Mexico, Bahamas and Jamaica several times before and never had any issues. This trip just got the best of me. It may have been a complete fluke -- no one else, even my travel buddy, ever got sick. I don't know what exactly I came into contact with but I hope I never meet it again!

10. BIG "P"

BIG "P" Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love you bunches!

I could not agree more, Babe. You, Shebob, Triplescots and so many more wonderful people helped to make my vacation that fun time that it was -- even when I was puny! I can't thank you enough for helping me to enjoy myself and I'm so glad you were able to come out of your shell (and your bathing suit top) too! :)

And Chinos -- bless his bones. I know he sees hundreds of titties every day but he and that Boob Cruise Crew made me feel like the most important girl on that vessel!! They even made me Honorary Captain and had me steering the boat once I had my boobs free, God love 'em. I also have a new appreciation for the Alcohol-Infused Whipped Cream!

Thanks to all of you who helped put a smile on my face and a little hitch in my giddy-up! I am definitely indebted to you all!;)

Sarah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice