First timer pointers

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by HenryandJoni, Mar 23, 2014.

1. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks everyone for all the help. We really apprieciate all the information.

2. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I see on the USA Transfers there is an option for and EP card. What is this?

3. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can buy Bubba mugs at Walmart or Target. We only use USA Transfers. They take all the worry and stress out of getting to and from the resort it's private transfer so you don't have to wait for the bus to fill up and stop at other resorts and let people off before you. The EP card is a discount card you can use at some restaurants and excursions. There should be a list somewhere on their page that shows where the card can be used.

4. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks so much

5. pktotheLK

pktotheLK Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks

I would like to thank everyone also as these post are great for first timers, we have learned so much from the trip reports etc.. we head out to GOV April 6th can't wait.

6. NatashaandJoel

NatashaandJoel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "I was kind of freaked out before our first trip, too. I totally understand. So, girlfriend to girlfriend here:

Tip 1: "Better to have and not need than to need and not have."
    Overpack. Bring options. You don't have to follow the themes or wear anything out of your comfort zone, but you might want to. So pack a few things you feel completely at ease and sexy in at home, and a couple things that you don't currently have the guts to wear. If the liquid courage kicks in, you're ready. If not, you're fine. It might be fun to have your hubby choose a few things he'd love to see you in if you find the nerve, too.

Tip 2: "To boob or not to boob?"
    You're surrounded by the Caribbean sea, palm trees swaying in the breeze, white sand...not many boobs are so fascinating they can compete with that for long, so if you decide to free the girls, people won't be focused on them for long. Of course, topless optional means exactly that...having a top on is a completely valid option, too. Just like above, keep it as an option, but you don't have to make any decisions beforehand. You can just do what feels right to you then.

Tip 3: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, Gosh darn it, people like me."
    So, who would you rather party with on vacation?
    a) a hot model with a 6-pack whose idea of fun is checking out his/her own reflection in your sunglasses and making protein shakes
    b) a chunky guy/gal who loves a cold beer and a good burger and can make you laugh 'til your sides ache?

B, right? Me too. So, about those insecurities? We all have them. And you know what? No one has ever come up to me and said, "I want to be your friend because you have amazing self-tanning skills and toned calves!" Likewise, I don't think too many people who qualify as "human" on the food chain would ever look at someone and think, "Ooohhh, she has stretch marks! She fails at life!" And if they did, well, you wouldn't care about their idiot opinion anyway, right?

Tip 4: "I'm your driver."
    When you land in Cancun, you clear customs (which can take a while...) then get your luggage (which can also take a while...) then go through security (yep...) Finally, you are free to head to ground transport. There are lots of people lining the hallway. They will offer you rides. They will offer you gifts. They will tell you they are your transportation company. They are lying--they are timeshare sharks. All of the legitimate transport is outside.

Avoid eye contact, say "No thanks," and just walk straight ahead to the exit. Your transportation company representative will be outside. You can book USA Transfers through a link on this site. We've used them four times, and they are excellent."

I created a thread also seeking advice seeing as how we are leaving May 4th for our first time as well....This was said by a fellow member and I loved her advice! Hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice