First timer - need your opinions please

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Stevonia, Mar 18, 2014.

1. JeffnNik

JeffnNik Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've been to TTR a few times, have our first trip planned in a couple of weeks to GOV and have never been to Golden Parnassus. My impression of GP is that it's just another adults-only resort though - nothing particularly risque about it, not topless optional. We've been to lots of resorts like that (we travel AI exclusively - no kids on my vacation please!) and while they tend to be much nicer in terms of facilities, restaurants, and service, they are VERY quiet ... far from party atmosphere. TTR is at the other end of the spectrum. Rooms are only ok, not a huge selection of restaurants and quality is decent but nothing exceptional, BUT if you want to get half naked and party your ass off, that is the place for you! From what I can tell based on trip reports so far, GOV is somewhere in between. Nicer facilities, quieter atmosphere, but still sexier and more "fun" than your standard AI resort.

2. Little Rain

Little Rain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been to TTR and GP splitting a trip last year. I personally like the food much better at GP, the beach is amazing and the Tiki Bar on the beach is great. Last year there were a few one piece miracle suits when I was there and only a few topless at the pool. Toward the end of the trip there were quite a few of us on the beach topless. I had a lagoon view room but I live 5 miles from the ocean so I don't care to pay for the upgrade to ocean view. TTR is a sexier atmosphere and more playful. I wore club type cloths at both resorts. I'm giving GOV a try in May so I'm crossing my figures. It seems to be between the 2 which may be nice.

3. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    We haven't been to GP but we've been to TTR twice and just got back from GOV a couple weeks ago. We liked both resorts but I think GOV would better suit what you described you're looking for. It has a sexually charged atmosphere but a classier style........again, we liked TTR too but it was kinda nice not having the loud speaker in your ear all day.

We posted a trip report also.......it might help give you a good idea of GOV.

4. Stevonia

Stevonia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Thanks for the replies. We have booked GOV the last week of May. Can't wait.

5. JenFromToronto

JenFromToronto Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    And you got to meet me!!

6. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Golden is topless optional. It is what you make of it. We have been where it's nothing but party and also where everyone is just relaxing. I think it's hit or miss,what it is depending on the crowd. It's probably a better chance that a big party will be happening at TTR lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice