First timer - need your opinions please

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Stevonia, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Stevonia

Stevonia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    We are planning a trip to Cancun the last week of May. We have looked at reviews and read posts here on Cancuncare. We have pretty much narrowed it down to Grand Oasis Viva or Golden Parnassus. We would very much appreciate some replies from people who have been to one place or the other or both with the reason you are suggesting GOV or GP. We are a late 40's couple, not swingers but seeking an adult atmosphere.

2. Country Cut

Country Cut Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I went a couple of years ago and had a blast. Not a swingers resort by no means. Fun atmosphere for everyone. The food was fantastic as was the atmosphere. The beach was great and tequilla volleyball daily was a blast. If your going for the staff to entertain you, that wasn't the case as much here or it could have been that I just drank to much to pay attention...lol Either way I would definitely recommend it. We may actually come back there again in June. Either there or temptations, not decided yet.

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Dump them both and go to Temptations

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    If you are strictly looking for a party then all reviews point to Temptation. The problem with that place, at least from what I've read, is that even the die hard regulars constantly complain about the condition of the facilities and poor food service. Being at a place where security is constantly looking over your shoulder is also a drawback. I know it's a place we aren't considering just based on those issues.

We have done one trip to the Golden, and did a review already so I won't go into that.

We are planning on another trip this year, and are also considering GP or gov. My only criticism of GP was their large hot tub wasn't working, and it looked like that could be a real fun place day or night.

Considering gov, because we are looking for something with a little more going on. We can only be gone for 4/5 days, and if one of those is the Boobs Cruise, then you really don't need to be at an insane party the other days, at least we don't.

The beach, ocean view rooms, food, service, and night life at the tiki bar are all top notch, and reasons to return to the Golden.

Reviews for the gov will likely have to improve a little for us to go there, but likely we will.

We can only go early in dec. so crowds aren't an issue at any resort, however something to consider about the Golden in May is bumping. They overbook the place around that time and some people get moved to the Great, which would be a deal breaker for us. If bumping is an issue I would choose gov.

5. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We stayed at Golden Parnassus last summer and absolutely loved it! The staff was awesome and no complaints about the resort or food. The Tiki Bar was fun at night and the ocean is to die for :) There is quite a bit of bumping during busy season and they send you to their sister resort "Great Parnassus". The Golden is great though... very small and we never had to wait to get in any of the restaurants. We booked the Boobs Cruise and took the bus to Temptation. This summer we are staying at Temptation. Although we had a great time at GP, the Boobs Cruise got us craving the atmosphere at TTR ;) I hear the party at TTR is nothing compared to GP :) The reviews at GOV seem to be pretty good too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.... just depends on the type of atmosphere you are looking for. All of the resorts are adult and topless (unless you get bumped to Great) but at GP I was the only one topless a couple of the days.... but it was by no means uncomfortable. The other days there were only a few other women topless. At any time, I think it depends on the crowd.

6. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was assured by my Apple Rep that if you book using Apple Vacations that you will not be bumped to the sister resort. We booked in late Feb. and we are looking forward to our trip in 3 weeks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice