First timer going to Cancun...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by JimmiJames, Feb 20, 2007.

1. JimmiJames

JimmiJames Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First post...YAY!

I was reading the stickies and those were great tips but I still have a few concerns.

I'll be going alone *sigh*...staying at the Crown Paradise from the 25th of feb. to 4th of march. Anyone been to this place?

For those that have had experience going alone, any tips for the first few days? Should I stay at the resort or go out in the center?

It's not the first time I travel alone but with such a short period of time I wanna make the most of every day.

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    welcome to the board!!!! Well, I would suggest getting to know a few people at your resort! Head down to the pool bar and stuff and get to know some people at your hotel! That way, you can later hang with them and even possibly head out to the clubs with them at night!! After that, you are home free........................

3. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Get pissed at the pool and make lots of new friends...easy. Or switch to the BBG. They're freindly.

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the board :lol:

going alone can be fun. Just as long as you are willing to reach out and meet new people..

An FYI on that resort, you are a little far down ont he strip and will need to take the bus or a cab for sure to the clubs...

5. JimmiJames

JimmiJames Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So...get drunk, meet people...piss in the pool. Got this right?

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    uh no peeing in the pool. Everyone knows that :lol:

7. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    piss in foam at the foam party

8. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe you will make friends easily at the bars and lounges around the resort. From that you will be able to probably arrange some play dates with some of your new friends. Seriously though, I have traveled solo and those were some of my more memorable trips. Even when I did not meet people at the resort I was staying in, I still managed to have a super time at the Party Center. The larger clubs such as Coco Bongo, Dady O' and The City are probably not the best places to choose if you are looking to meet new people when you go out. Instead focus on the smaller clubs and outdoor party bars.

212eric

9. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Men should not piss in the lagoon…
    for fear that a precious body part suddenly become a Croc snack!

10. JessicaLYts

JessicaLYts Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi again everyone :) Well this is also my first time going to cancun and i am super excited, but also nervous. I am going with the guy Im talking to which should be a lot of fun, but ive been told by numerous people that this is not the place to go with a date basically.... so I would love some input on that issue! :)

#2- What do most people wear out to the clubs/bars at night? Ive read a few other posts on this topic but it was a guy asking and i know you say whatever you wear to clubs at home... Well I'm not normally a club go-er, I go out to bars but im a jeans and tee shirt kind of gal but i don't want to stand out like a sore thumb while there.

#3- We went all-inclusive with the Oasis but around how much spending money should each bring? USDs.... We want to have an awesome time so any idea of a good amount to bring would be helpful!

:-o Thanks for reading my SUPER long post!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice