first timer going in 6 days

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by dayjob, Mar 28, 2009.

1. dayjob

dayjob Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey there. Just found this fab forum. I am headed to temptations for the first time
    next week and you guys have really helped me get revved up for it! I am ready to soak
    up some sun and drink my face off, so I am sure it will be a great time. A few questions
    from this newbie:
    -how can I make sure my boyfriend (who is a bit more conservative than I am)
    loosens up and enjoys the atmosphere?
    -anything you wish you had brought with you but forgot or had to purchase?
    I'm thinking along the lines of travel mugs and towels and other conveniences.
    -have you been to the walmart? Is it worth going to stock up on some cheap snax
    And such? Staying 6 days.
    -arriving at around noon- will we b able to use all facilities (eat/drink/swim) while
    waiting for our room?
    -anything else I need to know?

Thanks for your help! You seem like a great group. I am super excited for a
    vacation, as you can see. Have fun, party people.
    Liz

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Well you made a great choice on where to go.. :D as for your questions....

- how can I make sure my boyfriend (who is a bit more conservative than I am) loosens up and enjoys the atmosphere?

Lots of alcohol... :D Seriously.. just go with the flow.. if it's in him he'll loosen up and have a great time. Just pace yourself until he does. Otherwise he might resist because he wants to slow you down.

-anything you wish you had brought with you but forgot or had to purchase? I'm thinking along the lines of travel mugs and towels and other conveniences.

The biggest thing we suggest to folks is a couple of extension cords. The plugs are never where you want them. Everything else you can buy. :D

-have you been to the walmart? Is it worth going to stock up on some cheap snax And such? Staying 6 days.

Walmart is Walmart. If you need to go it will have everything you need. You'll find that food is available just about 24X7 there but as you say, some stuff to nibble in the room might not be bad. Also I personally stock up on Gatorade. It's great for re-balancing your system after drinking a lot. One every morning gets you back in the swing of things (no pun intended).

-arriving at around noon- will we b able to use all facilities (eat/drink/swim) while waiting for our room?

When you check in they immediately give you your wrist band which means you can do anything in the hotel from drink to eat to play. Pack your swimsuits in a side pocket of your luggage and you'll be good to go. They have towels available so don't worry about that. The bellmen will watch your luggage till your room is ready. Oh and use them to take your bags to your room. For $5 bucks it's easier that searching the hotel on where to go and there are no elevators :D

-anything else I need to know?

Just go have fun and remember how much more fun you would have had if you had come with us in May. :wink:

Jamie

3. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Hi Liz.

Well for us, about 3 hours there and we were both totally relaxed with it. This isn't a resort with alot of creepy people, or worries. It is just a bunch of people looking to relax and not worry about anything. You'll love it.

About the only problem I saw on my trip was a husband that was overly jealous, and that was just silly. Everyone was having fun and if you're planning on a topless resort, you can't get worried when your wife is topless - so is everyone else's...

4. leeleent

leeleent Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well Jamie has just about summed it up. I can't think of anything else and if you forget something.......you can always go to walmart!! Just take a bus and you shouldn't have any problems. Do remember to have your swim suit handy in your carry-on or packed where you can conviently get to it. you don't have to worry about your luggage if your room is not ready when you arrive.
    AND most importantly, Have a Wonderful Time!!!

5. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    we hope you have a great time and become a repeat offender like a lot of us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice