First Time Yoots

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Mike_n_Van, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Mike_n_Van

Mike_n_Van Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hey everyone,

My ladyfriend and I have been looking to take a vacation and I stumbled upon TTR and it looked really interesting. I jumped into doing all the research I could about it (CCC forum, youtube reviews, joined the facebook group, Temptation social, etc.) and I think I've come to learn both the physical ins and outs of the resort as well as the culture and feeling of the resort and I have to say, the more I learn, the more I really like the feel of the resort and this shared culture that seems to be adopted by at least the regulars here.

We're looking at going in October for Halloween (the missus isn't comfortable going earlier because of COVID) but want to continue to learn more so we can make the best out of our trip and hopefully get sucked in and become regulars.

So without further adeu, I have a couple questions/comments/remarks/stream of consciousness...

• Age -I know, I'm already diving right into it, but don't hate me yet. I'm 30 and the girlfriend is 26. I've seen ya'lls posts on the forum and we have absolutely no issue partying with people our parents or our grandparents' ages. Hell, I'd be honored for you to show us the ropes. You guys, collectively, party harder than we ever have, and I definitely want to be a part of that, but I know that the missus is going to feel a bit insecure if she is the absolute youngest one at the resort. Is Halloween week a time where it's more likely that there will be at least some other 20-somes to get outpart.... I mean socialize with?
    • In searching the forum, apparently discussing early morning lounger reservation at the sexy pool is a faux pa. I more just want to know why that is lol. I assume it's because it's asked all the time but at least from what I could search it didn't seem to come up that often. Anyways, I guess my question is, where is the best place to ditch our stuff at the sexy pool?
    • How does one tip in dollars at the pool/swim up bar? I assume it's better to exchange to pesos for this because they're waterproof right? I've never been to Mexico before so this one is born completely out of ignorance...damn murican.
    • If I understand correctly, Flame and She require same day reservations. What is the earliest that you can get a reservation (does it start at 12am during Bash, or more towards breakfast time) and what time would you advise someone to go to make the reservation so they don't miss out?
    • Do you think the massages are worth it on the trip, particularly the sensual massage for couples is worth it?
    • It seems like it's not uncommon for the A/C to not work in the rooms. Are they usually quick to fix this or move you to another room? I figure it wouldn't be great trying to sleep without the A/C (though it sounds like sleeping doesn't happen too much here anyways...)
    • Does anyone get the reference in the title? Dang I hope so, it took me like 2 minutes to come up with a (in my opinion) somewhat clever title.

That's probably enough for now, this is getting long enough.

I hope to see a bunch of you beautiful people in October.

Now I just need to convince the GF to do the Boobs Cruise.....

2. Mike_n_Van

Mike_n_Van Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Oh, I have one more. Why do you all use TTR instead of Temptation on the forum? Quicker to type?

3. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 2
    TTR is easier to type,,,
    We have been 6 or so times have partyed with quite a few cpls that are your ages dont count us older than you out just yet we can be alot of “ fun”...
    Cant help you out on the reservation thing as we dont wear watches or look at clocks on vaca which would make reservations difficult to make..
    For tipping we use pesos and just tip reasonably well every few drinks.
    (.Y.)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  4. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +495 / 0
    You two “youths” will have a great time. Don’t over think it. Get on the Boob Cruise early in the trip, pace your drinking, pack some re-hydration powders, make sure you take snaps in before going out at night, and most important, stretch your liver before you get there. On second thought scratch one of those, don’t pace your drinking.

One more thing, to paraphrase Fred Gwynn “you will dress sexily when appearing at the Sexy pool or you will be held in contempt.”

5. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Been to TTR many times!!! Age is never a issue or thing people even talk about there. Tipping at the pool is easy for me I just give them a big tip Dollars $$$ around $40 or so when I first get to the pool and then its party time.... The AC has always worked pretty good in the new rooms for us. So go have a blast and enjoy!!!

6. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    Boobs Cruise is a must! Agree go early in trip to make friends, “no one knows you and no one cares!”, applies to the cruise. In addition I also pack a little snack bc I always over drink on the way to lunch. Lol. It’s a life saver. We meet a young couple this last trip, she was young 20’s and they were having a great time. All the crap we have to live by at home goes out the window at temps, all ages, sizes, colors, gender and gender preferences, sexual preferences and etc are accepted or at least from what I have seen.
    Don’t worry about lounges, I’m not sure there’s a bad spot around the sexy pool anyway bc most of the time u should be in the pool having a good time. We’ve never eaten at the fancy places yet, our plans fell thru this last trip due to the staff up front but that’s another story. We’ve been twice and love the atmosphere. No place is perfect but this has been our favorite by far “all-inclusive”!!

7. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    You have a lot out there.
    1. Age thing.. yup you hit this one right. All ages, no discrimination, party hard, wear whatever you want, and no judging. (You may have seen some posts that seek a 20-sumthing crowd, so those individual may consider you too old to party with). There will be be some younger folks that act old and older people that act young, most are in between. There are also few couples in their late forties or fifties, sometimes 60's even) s that are rocking 20 year old bodies (think Jennifer Anniston/Penelope Cruz/Brad Pitt types). Dad bods .. and mom bods... are common also and displayed proudly.
    2. Reserving loungers .. we never have, I don't feel right about throwing a towel on two loungers next to the pool and never use them, or only later in the afternoon. I leave them for people who like to get in and out frequently.. Sometimes we will grab one in a back row to keep our supplies on, or collectively several couples will pile their bags on one/two. More recently we just place our items on a lounger in the tower only section, usually it's only 1/3 full. If we are getting sun we are usually on the tower roof top, not by the sexy pool. Have a small beach bag or backpack to keep your supplies in. Often we will throw our bag beside a friends lounger.
    3. Tipping with US $$ is fine at the pool. They get wet but dry quickly in the sun. You'll see the staff drying them. Pesos are great also, just a pain to get them changed (or I haven't figured it out). If you don't want to hand over wet money then just throw your guy a larger denomination before jumping in the pool. He will know when you give him the look, especially if he he is familiar with your drink.
    4. Never had to get reservations for Flame, but have only done it a couple times. Only done She once and had the butler take care of it., but from what I've heard it's usually not a problem.
    5 . Never got a massage there. We've had massages at other resorts before we found TTR and they were good (but $$$). I am sure TTR is no different. Wouldn't mind getting access to the hydrotherapy circuit though. We might do the massage this next trip, but not the sensual (the resort is sensual enough).
    6. Never had a problem with the AC, in fact it's usually too cold.
    7. My Cousin Vinny.

Don't overthink your trip. Go with open expectations. Its a blast and safe environment. (get a decent tan from the sun before you go ....especially on your shoulders/chest/back.... so you don't burn and ruin the trip)

Some of our best friends we have met at TTR and we only see them once a year. There is a sense of intimacy and openness in conversation there that most people can't find at home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4

9. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    I'll just quickly answer your first question. Considering the comments that you made in question #1, you'll fit right in and you will have a blast!

Sindy

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    OK, and I'm off...

Age: In my experience (we've been 29 times) There really is no time at TTR where a higher-percentage of TTR visitors are much younger, but younger people do seem to be going to TTR now as compared to before. At 26, she won't be the youngest one. Think bell curve, and she's probably about 15% "in" fromthe left and the height of the bell curve moves back and forth a bit but seems to be around 37 - 45 most trips. It'll be OK.

Loungers: Right, the topic is prety much off limits now by general consensus, it's almost a callout for all the old, recycled threads, but it IS a valid question. Easiest thing to do for stashing your stuff is to: A) find your own lounger where you can see it from the pool, and put your stuff there. It does NOT have to be in the front row, you just want to be able to "see it" from in the Sexy Pool where you'll be a lot of the time; or B) just put your stuff with other friends' stuff on Their lounger... because very few people actually use a lounger for very long during the day - so, one lounger can "hold" a whole Crew's stuff.

Tips: No need to change Dollars to Pesos, they prefer to be tipped in dollars, anyway, as they "spend farther" for them. Depending on your budget, think $5 to $50 per day (like I said, depending on your budget) and hand them out at what feels like "appropriate" times, i.e. first drink of the day from a bartender (go back to that bartender again & again to take advantage of this growing relationship caused by his love for your dollars [I know, cynical]), tipping every other drink, every third drink, whatever. Tip the server at dinner, make SURE to tip your housekeeper either the day you show up or the day you leave (theories abound on which day is best).

Reservations: Unless you enjoy sitting around eating very pretty but extremely small food for 3.5 hours (unless they changed the format) while you watch a very talented pole dancer actually dance for 5... MAYBE 10 minutes during your meal.. just skip She. My personal opinion. I hated it. If it's your thing, and I know it's other peoples, go for it. I think you can start reserving as early as 10:00 a.m. If you're in the Tower, ask your butler if you're lucky enough to know who he/she is and can find or get in touch with them. Easiest and fastest way to get reservations for dinner.

Massages: My wife thought the sensual massage was going to be weird and a waste of her sun time and our money. Then we did it... and she left glowing.... and I was quite relaxed and in a great mood. You figure it out.

A/C: We've never had, in 29 trips, a problem with the A/C. We're from Texas, so take that into account. Maybe we're not trying to set it to 60F?

Title reference: Yes... I did. That's all I'm going to say as otherwise, you seem pretty interesting.

Boobs Cruise: It's wiled, but it's not so wild that anything will go on that will really "shock" a 26 y/o if they've already spent a few days at TTR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice