First Time to Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by DaytonOH, Jan 17, 2007.

1. DaytonOH

DaytonOH Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've read several posts on the board and wanted to ask a few follow up questions I hope you all can help with.

Let me start off by saying my Name is Greg and I'll be traveling to Cancun in April. I'll be staying at the Flamingo.

I was wondering
    1. Seasickness - Should I get the seasickness patch before heading down or can I get them from a pharmacy? Dramamine makes me sleepy and combine that with alcohol and whoa...

2. Jetski's - Any good place to rent a jet ski and are how much do they go for?

3. Will mid April miss the SpringBreakers? While I like to think I can party like I was back in college, fact is I would end up spending the day talking to ralph on the great white phone.

4. Does the Falmingo filter their water int he rooms? Is there pills or drops you can add to the water to clean it if it is not. Or is there a good place to buy a lot of bottle water around this hotel? (I could take the bus to WallyWorld but it's not how I want to start my trip)

5. Drinking on the Beach - Any laws against it?

Thanks and sorry for asking so many questions

2. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would suspect there's no reason to have to bring one with you as the pharmacies in Cancun are well-stocked (and don't require prescriptions for anything that's not narcotic). I would look up how to say 'seasick' and 'patch' in Spanish, however (or bring a picture or the label from one you've had), as sometimes pharmaceutical translations can be tricky.

Most jetskiing is done in the lagoon and there are many places to rent one - Aquaworld being one of them. $45 per half hour is a normal price. A word to the wise - FULLY INSPECT YOUR JETSKI with someone from the rental place before accepting it and note any existing damage, as you will be asked to pay for any & all damage that is evident following your use.

No one can make you drink too much - if you become deeply involved with the porcelain god, it will have been your choice, no matter who else is there to blame it on.

Spring Breakers are generally a fun group - my only problem with them is that they don't sleep (when I do, and/or sometimes at all). I'm assuming by the place you've picked to stay at (Party Central Area), that must be OK with you. If not, stay somewhere down the road a bit - towards the southern part of the hotel zone.

When drinking water in Cancun (or anywhere in Mexico), drink bottled water only - it's cheap, dependable, and can be found EVERYWHERE. (There's a deli called OXXO (as well as a number of others) which are really close to where you're staying which will have bottled water readily available for cheap.

No, and as long as you're well-behaved, you can drink on the beach quite freely - no laws against it. If you're being a nuisance or not disposing of your trash correctly, on the other hand, having a drink in your hand isn't going to be looked at as an excuse.

Have a great time in Cancun - it's a really great place.

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YOu can drink on the beaches. Most hotels that off All inslusive do do bare services on the beach as well.
    As for the Spring Breakers, you will find them all over from Feb till about April Tappering off in april. But they will still be there..

4. DaytonOH

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the quick replies.

I really don't mind spring breakers I remeber many a found stories my buddies told me about what I did.

It's good to know about drinking on the beach.

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't notice that - but I'll certainly keep an eye out for it next time. :lol:

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OOps Clearly I am typing too fast spelling is out the window! :lol:

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like your questions have already been answered but I wanted to say WELCOME!!!

I'm your neighbor to the south....Cincinnati, or more specifically just north of Cincy in West Chester.

I know Dayton well...spent 3 years going to Law School at UD.

Welcome again and enjoy your trip!!!!

8. DaytonOH

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm just to the NE of you in Centerville. I went WSU, but a lot of people I work with went to UD Law School.

I'm looking forward to going down to Cancun and reading the boards. Any tips or must do's would be much appreciated

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice