First Time to Cancun and Gov

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by NatashaandJoel, Mar 18, 2014.

1. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I was kind of freaked out before our first trip, too. I totally understand. So, girlfriend to girlfriend here:

Tip 1: "Better to have and not need than to need and not have."
    Overpack. Bring options. You don't have to follow the themes or wear anything out of your comfort zone, but you might want to. So pack a few things you feel completely at ease and sexy in at home, and a couple things that you don't currently have the guts to wear. If the liquid courage kicks in, you're ready. If not, you're fine. It might be fun to have your hubby choose a few things he'd love to see you in if you find the nerve, too.

Tip 2: "To boob or not to boob?"
    You're surrounded by the Caribbean sea, palm trees swaying in the breeze, white sand...not many boobs are so fascinating they can compete with that for long, so if you decide to free the girls, people won't be focused on them for long. Of course, topless optional means exactly that...having a top on is a completely valid option, too. Just like above, keep it as an option, but you don't have to make any decisions beforehand. You can just do what feels right to you then.

Tip 3: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, Gosh darn it, people like me."
    So, who would you rather party with on vacation?
    a) a hot model with a 6-pack whose idea of fun is checking out his/her own reflection in your sunglasses and making protein shakes
    b) a chunky guy/gal who loves a cold beer and a good burger and can make you laugh 'til your sides ache?

B, right? Me too. So, about those insecurities? We all have them. And you know what? No one has ever come up to me and said, "I want to be your friend because you have amazing self-tanning skills and toned calves!" Likewise, I don't think too many people who qualify as "human" on the food chain would ever look at someone and think, "Ooohhh, she has stretch marks! She fails at life!" And if they did, well, you wouldn't care about their idiot opinion anyway, right?

Tip 4: "I'm your driver."
    When you land in Cancun, you clear customs (which can take a while...) then get your luggage (which can also take a while...) then go through security (yep...) Finally, you are free to head to ground transport. There are lots of people lining the hallway. They will offer you rides. They will offer you gifts. They will tell you they are your transportation company. They are lying--they are timeshare sharks. All of the legitimate transport is outside.

Avoid eye contact, say "No thanks," and just walk straight ahead to the exit. Your transportation company representative will be outside. You can book USA Transfers through a link on this site. We've used them four times, and they are excellent.

--Laura

2. NatashaandJoel

NatashaandJoel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

WOW!! Thank you so so much that was all amazing advice!! I greatly appreciate it and will keep it all in mind! I even printed it so I can re-read if I want LOL Thanks again!!

3. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Laura this is fabulous and thank you!! Natasha is my little sister and I keep saying these things to her. I don't think she believes me, so hopefully she will listen to you too. We're definitely getting USA Transfers booked for her trip. I know she'll let loose and they will have a great time! :headbanger::headbanger::daveandmo::aktion033:

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Amazing post! Thank you Laura.

5. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great Advise Laura....

6. M and A

M and A Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Laura! I'm sending this to the wife right now!

7. Mitch&Laa

Mitch&Laa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with this. I will be going on my honeymoon in june and it's our first time at an adult only resort like this. I am hoping to just feel sexy with my husband and have a fun time. I have been told that if anyone is making you uncomfortable then make it clear, they will back off. I hope you have fun. Please post on your trip and let us know. :ernaehrung015:

8. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Wow Laura you hit the nail on the head. NatashaandJoel, we're going to be there May 4th to the 9th also. The Gov is new to us also. We are TTR repeaters, we're going the GOV after TTR so not sure what kind of shape we'll be in once we get to the GOV, however there appears to be some really nice folks that are going to be there the same time.. and I don't think any of us are repeaters.. so we're all newbies. But should be fun to have people to chat with maybe have dinner and drinks. Anyways see you guys there.. I'm sure we're all in for a lot of fun.

9. tanyaandshawn

tanyaandshawn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 1
    Great tips Laura, its our first time also....... we will be there may 13th thru 20th
    sounds like a lot of fun....
    BOOB Cruise sounds fun as well as captian hooks pirate ship...

10. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Awsum post Laura
    You routinely, are one of the best posters on CCC.
    Always enlightening, comical, entertaining and an outstanding perspective.
    Todd is a lucky man

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice