First time ....next week ....just some questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ch, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ch

ch Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok this site has helped a lot( thanks to the people who run it) so i will be in cancun in july 27...staying at BBG and i have a couple of questions that i cant seem to find
    1. my wife will be arriving a couple of hours earlier than me....(3) is there a safe place were she can wait for me at the airport?
    2 is there a dress code to the clubs or bars ?
    3which tour is better since they both seem to me to be more or less the same xcaret or Xel Ha ...and is it worth to rent a car ....i dont really like tours were they dictacte at what time we leave

thanks

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    1. Depends which terminal you're arriving at - with the new terminal there are some cafe's bars etc to wait at after customs and before exiting (as far as i recall). With the old terminal there is a little cafe on your left as soon as you exit the airport.

2. No real dress code for the bars/clubs. I suggest you avoid open footwear like sandals though for the clubs - the floors get dirty and there may be occasional broken glass.

3. Both are good days out - no real reason to pick one over the other. I always say Xel Ha is more relaxing, more natural and with better snorkeling. Xcaret has more to do imho (including a night show) and is better for kids.

Xcaret is also an appreciable distance closer to Cancun than Xel Ha.

I wouldnt advise renting a car just to go to Xel Ha or Xcaret. If it's freedom to plan your own schedule you want take the bus - it's clean, regular and cheap.

The largest proportion of any tour price is the entrance price which you'll have to pay regardless of how you get there, so I wouldnt really suggest avoiding a tour to save money (I know you didnt ask that!)

3. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    at terminal 2 , right where you come out there's a place called the Meeting Point Cafe. She could wait for you here is she arrives at terminal 2.

[​IMG]

4. DataAriaNuZoo

DataAriaNuZoo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice picture - will help a lot.

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All very good advice above, and let me add that something about what not to wear at clubs. I once tried to get into Dady 'O wearing a black shirt by polo, with a hood, zipper up front and two pockets on the sides. It was in no way a tank top but there were no sleaves, it was a stylish top but I was not allowed in. I went next door to the Coral Negro flea market, bought a cheap, touristy t-shirt and was let in right away, just because it had sleaves. Lesson of the day, no tank tops at clubs? I guess it depends on who's working the door; when I got in the club I saw a few people wearing wife beaters, I mean no disrespect but you know what type of shirt I am talking about, LOL!!!

212eric

6. ch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok thanks , i will tell her to meet me there at the meeting point.....if she arrives at terminal 1 or 3 is it like in miami that u just walk ...or will she hav eto get out of the airport and start looking for terminal 2? once again thanks

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Generally speaking, charters arrive to the new T3 and scheduled flights arrive to T2. T1 is still unused.

There is a free shuttle service between the two operating terminals though.

8. ch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok spirit said they arrive at terminal 3.....can she walk to terminal 2 to meet me at that meeting place? also and i dont know if any one knows this , some one askme if i can bring them back a bottle o f tequila , but they want one that they dont sell in the us....thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice