First time in Cancun

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by linda_whittington, May 22, 2014.

1. linda_whittington

linda_whittington Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My partner and I are going to Cancun staying at GP November 2014. We have never been to an all inclusive resort or to Cancun. I am looking for any travel tips! :) I would also love suggestions for excursions. We are very adventurous. I would love to zip line. I had one person suggest going to Cozumel for a day and renting a Jeep. Should I purchase excursions before we go or is it cheaper and better to do it at the resort? I would also like to see the city. What are suggested places to visit, how do we get there? Bus Taxi? Is it safe to go out to the bars at night off the resort? I look forward to any and all suggestions.

Thank you so so much!

2. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You can get to the city by bus if you wish. It will cost you only $1 (each way) but at times it can be a long trip. The buses stop at most bus stops. You can get there in about 30-45 minutes. Or you can take a taxi which will cost more but you will get there sooner. We always took the bus. We used to go downtown every year as we would go to a restaurant called Pericos! It is a fun restaurant.

3. linda_whittington

linda_whittington Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much for the info. I'm looking forward to more! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice