First time in Cancun!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by richardsayzz, Mar 9, 2009.

1. richardsayzz

richardsayzz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well it's the first time I'm actually leaving the country too! and just in time for spring break haha.... So me and my gf book'd a trip to cancun for march 30 til...april 3rd.

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency and I believe its on the end of the Hotel zone strip?

anyways so far we booked the Horse back riding tour and the boat ride Isla Mujeres....

any other tips of things to do like what clubs are poppin and places to eat!

also on the strip is there like a liquor store where we can buy bottles cheaper..

Here's to spring break 09

hope to see some of ya there

2. Tracy2929

Tracy2929 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isla Mujeres is a must for sure....its typically the best day of my whole trip. Definatly rent the golf carts while you are on the island, as you will get to do some amazing sight seeing

As for the clubs, my favorite place is Coco Bongo, but you cant really go wrong on any of the clubs in Cancun...there all a great time. But for sure do Coco Bongo..

As for liquor stores...they are all over the place, should have no issues at all finding what your looking for. And cheap too btw....which is great

Hope this helps a little

3. richardsayzz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so I just read that the hotel I'm staying at doesn't have a beach :(. ( Hyatt Regency) and I was wondering if the other hotels allow you to use their beaches?

also should I exchange and pay for everything in pesos? like at clubs and bars

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach itself is public property, so just locate the most convenient "public access" or hop on the bus and get off at one of the closest beaches. From there you can walk down the beach as much as you like. Being at the Hyatt Regency you should be fairly close to Playa Caracol. You will be set for the night life though, since you are staying at Punta Cancun. You will be stumbling distance from some of the best clubs... Coco Bongo, The City, Dady'Os/Dady Rock.

With the exchange rate as it is, I would try to pay for everything that I could in pesos. However if you are like us, you will find it just too easy to pay with dollars. Just remember that every time that you do use dollars, you will more than likely lose a little on the exchange.

Another thing, I would say that this thread would probably do better in the Spring Break Forum but most of the regular Breakers are already down there and won't be able to give you good info until they return in the next week or two. Some of them are posting occasionally from Cancun though, so you may want to check it out if you haven't:

www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

And lastly, definitely check out the Stickys at the top of the Forums. They have a wealth of info that is extremely useful.

Have a good one!

5. richardsayzz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this may sound like a stupid question but will I be safe to grin my camcorder with me wherever I go? I don't want to get mugged haha

6. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    pretty safe....... we just got back. Just be respectful of the people that live their. The bus is easy to use... Its like 1.70 or something like that and every bus goes everywhere. Theirs really only one road through Cancun so its easy to get around. Just tell the driver where your going. Their are beaches you can go too. We walked past the hyatt when we were their and their is a beach near by. Have fun

7. mexico-mvt

mexico-mvt Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd love to go to Islas Mujeres. I will definitely try the golf carts as you suggested. Is the rent for those carts cheap?
    thanks

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is about 50 USD for a full day. You have to have the cart back by 5:00.

9. jakif

jakif Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back last week and spent a day on Isla Mujeres. We rented a cart for $45 USD for the day. We also had lunch at the Sunset Grill right on the beach and it was wonderful. You can also use their loungers and umbrellas if you drink or eat there. There is parking in the back for your golf cart. Enjoy!!!!

10. michele64119

michele64119 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    credit cards??

I am curious if I can use a visa debit card or should I just plan on using my reg. credit card to rent things like the golf carts etc.?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice