First time for Spring Break '09 - hotel advice please

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by hardyrj, Aug 13, 2008.

1. hardyrj

hardyrj Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    4 English lads (aged 24&25) going to Cancun March 15th for 6 nights. Usually we never have a problem sorting a decent hotel etc for a trip somewhere but with Cancun being heavily aimed towards the all-inclusive market, and as we have never been before we wanna get some advice before we book somewhere.

We want somewhere nice (4* or 5*) that will have some action during the daytime with spring breakers. Also a decent location would help.

Obviously the first place that kept coming up in our searches was Oasis, aka party central. However, we are actually thinking this might be a little too busy for us. We love drinking plenty etc but we've been reading horror stories of waiting 25-35mins for a drink all day etc and to be honest when we're spending all that money and we have a choice of hotels, that doesn't appeal. Is this really the case at this hotel?

Is there somewhere perhaps a little nicer that will also be busy but just not crazy busy like Oasis? Also, if we were to stay elsewhere on a non all-inclusive basis can you still go to other hotels during the day (like Oasis) to drink and party (obvisouly you will need to pay for drinks)

Also, just a general question, obviously the clubs get very busy but how long are the lines for entry and drinks once inside as we've never been obviously. We've read that $40 entry is typical for big clubs, is that right, and how much do you need to tip per drink?

Any recommendations/advice is welcome.
    Thanks

2. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be fair with the Oasis it has 2 sides phase 1 where they place most the spring breakers and where the party gos on. and then the other side where it seemed to be where they placed all other booking from spain , britain and australia from what i could tell the bars down there where never bad atall to get a drink and it was only a short walk over to the action in phase 1 Oasis is billed as 4 star i believe now the grounds are deffinatly this but the rooms are basic.

Anouther option is i would say go in anouther oasis they are a large chain so you can go in anouther that maybe not as busy and has better quality drinks but gain access to the oasis cancun for the party!

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You will DEF beat yourself over the head if you dont end up staying there!! Nothing like it!!

4. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Id perhaps go grand if you have the cash its dead centre of 2 phases and they have bars that only people staying there can use ie never a wait and you can walk to the parties within 2-3 minutes
    plus you get a fridge in your room that they will top up with alchohol and water for the morning hangovers with. 1200-1400 you would be looking at for 2 weeks at grand including (flight + hotel)

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got one simple solution. Bring your own bottles.

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    At the oasis I never waited any longer than..... 5 minutes at MOST, and that only happend once or twice, most the time it was 10-20 second wait and you were good. I got 2 everytime, good bartenders! Matter fact I had a full pitcher once and they filled it up!

7. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i think the oasis are the best option, the Grand Oasis is not as busy as phase 1 or 2. there is also Oasis Playa which is one of the first hotels in the Hotel Zone, which makes it kinda far away, but still a great place, a bit busy and far from the rest.

there is also the oasis palm beach, i dont know how crowded this is but still that bracelet will let you into any of the other hotels, this one is closer to downtown, and ive heard no comments of it... yet

other hotel i always see packed with peeps is the RIU, i dont know if its cool but its right in front of the party central...

8. hardyrj

hardyrj Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Been looking around and we've found a good deal at the Barcelo Costa Cancun (which I think was formerly Cost Gran or something like that). Seems to be ideal for us although we're not 100% sure about the location, but it looks like a very good 4* place that is also geared towards a younger type crowd. In fact, the UK travel agent we visited today even told us they had to warn all customers who book there that it is very popular with US students in March :lol:

9. LeonPhelps

LeonPhelps Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis is the only place to stay during March month if your looking for a crazy party with college students. Just look it up on youtube or go to www.webshots.com and search "oasis cancun spring break''. No other resort will even come close.

10. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    to be fair thought you can deffinatly have good fun at other hotels with probably nice food and better quality drinks the real partys at night and lot of the time too hungover to move in day properly :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice