First time at GP Question

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by linda_whittington, Oct 14, 2014.

1. linda_whittington

linda_whittington Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My partner and I will be visiting in 27 days! This is our first time in Cancun and we are staying at Golden Parnassus. We would like any advice you can give to newbies! We are also celebrating our anniversary. Any suggestions on fun romantic things to do? We have decided we are going to go to Xplor one day during the day. We would like to go on a dolphin excursion. Have not decided which one. We are very open for suggestions. My beautiful girlfriend is going to go on the Boobs Cruise. I'm going to forgo that adventure and save myself the shame! :) Are they any special things we should make sure we pack to have before we get there?

2. marleydog99

marleydog99 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sunscreen and a medium insulated cup, the one's they give you are little.
    The boobs cruse is a blast! I'm not sure of the other day trips, we really never left the resort.

Have fun.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  3. davandlisa

davandlisa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    go on the Boobs Cruise, there is no shame what so ever, leave all of your inhibitions at home(not in mexico), you will have a ball!!!! take a large mug or travel drinking container it will save you heaps of trips to the bar. tip the bar people and never forget the people that do all of the other tasks, its a FANTASTIC PLACE. take the bus to temptations for the cruise its like a buck each way, although our trip home from the Boobs Cruise could have cost me a 100 bucks for all i know lol.

enjoy!!

4. LeeAnn & Gary

LeeAnn & Gary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    We visited GP in the past and found the resort to be pretty much boring. If you are looking to party you might want to looking into changing to Temptations. If you're looking for a pretty beach and a laid back atmosphere than GP is perfect for you both. Gave a great!

5. linda_whittington

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have zero Desire to stay at Temptations! I want a resort that is laid back and not a party all the time! I'm 28 and my partner is 32. We partied hard earlier in our life. We want to relax and have a good time. We will party but I do not want a constant party. I'm looking for recommendations on how to carry money. How to figure out the bus system. What should we pack from home that we might not have thought about.

6. davandlisa

davandlisa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the bus system is as simple as walking to the bus stop. give the driver 1 x us dollar each person and off you go. it really is that simple. its a 3 min walk. the market there is a pain in the ass EVERYONE WANTS TO SELL YOU!! us dollars are fine there.

enjoy

7. K&T

K&T Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dolphins

We did the one at Wet and Wild as well as the one on the Isle of Morelos. The one on the island is far better plus it's a nice day trip. They have a buffet and all the drinks are free. There's a swimming pool as well as a Sea Lion interaction. Have fun.

8. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    The bus is pretty simple: $1 each way per person. You can ask the driver to tell you when you get to your destination. The bus rides are fun! Fast, bumpy + adventurous. Even when holding on to the poles, I had a hard time keeping my balance.

I'd suggest bringing lots of sunscreen (it costs $20 US there) I'd also pack insect repellent (bring to Xplor) and a small first-aid kit: (Neosporin, hydrocortisone cream, Benadryl, Tylenol, aspirin, Imodium, antacids, aloe Vera gel, band-aids, alcohol swabs, tweezers)

Have fun!

9. linda_whittington

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Towels

Are there beach towels available at the resort or do we need to bring our own? Also backpack vs beach bag?

Thanks! :)

10. marleydog99

marleydog99 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They will give you a card to turn in and get a towel. You get it back at when you return the towel at the end of they day.

Your choice on the backpack.............

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice