first ever Polo Tournament in Cancún

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by anitagallagher, Jan 16, 2007.

1. anitagallagher

anitagallagher Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wanted to let you know there is a Polo Tournament this weekend at Copa del Rey which off the Cancun- Playa highway just after Puerto Morelos.

In particular, for all of those Cancun socialites, or aspiring socialites (!), there is a Gala Dinner on Saturday night in the new ME by Melia Cancun hotel. It costs $1000 (pesos) but I'm assured the food is out of this world...and then there's all those hunky polo players to consider (anyone ever read Jilly Cooper! and I'm told that the whole Argentinan contingent of Cancún will be there too).

The best thing is that the dinner is partly a benefit event for the Home for the Elderly in the City of Joy, the only old people's home in the whole north of the state, so it's well worth supporting this event in every way.

You can buy tickets from Elizabeth Ceciliano, from the Home for the Elderly (e_ceciliano@hotmail.com) or more info is available from gherrera@hmasp.com.mx or tel 884 9697.

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi
    we are going next weekend- maybe see you there.Not the Gala dinner but the match
    Tracey
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice