First cyclone!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jenleib, May 9, 2007.

1. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck to our friends in the US! :cry:

Actually it is the second one, I receive advisories every day, several times a day during critical times, from noaa. Right now it is Subtropical Storm Andrea.

And we are ONLY at the beginning of May :roll: Officially they start their advisories for the Atlantic at the beginning of June...

2. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update

ANDREA IS MOVING ERRATICALLY...BUT GENERALLY TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 3 MPH. A CONTINUED SLOW MOTION AND A GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST ARE EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

Arrrrrrrrggggggggg.... is it not the way Wilma acted? Let's buy our stuff and bend our backs. Great we went to the beach last Sunday :cool:

3. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So what does this mean to a mear brit on there way to Cancun monday :shock:

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    not a thing, this storm is on the USA's eastern side, moving away from the southern states. Cancun is not even close to this thing and its not moving that way, so, no worries mate!

5. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers mate :wink:

all this weather your side of the world goes over my head.... we only get, rain, heatwaves, rain, wind, rain, snow, occasional mini tornado, rain, sun and oh did I mention rain in the UK :D

6. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well... I hope you are right, but it is arriving to Florida now (Daytona beach), and going towards Southwest. My geography is not very good, but the maps show its way http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

I tried to copy the map, but I don't know how to do. I remember Steve explained once, but I should learn and I have no time.

YamYam, you just have time to arrive ... and enjoy :D

College Guy, you are very optimistic, but I already received 4 alerts this morning, so I would be surprised if it is just a little nothing. If my elzheimer is not too strong, I think it is what people said almost 2 years ago. :D
    Let's hope, but prepared :wink:

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    as you can see it is NO WHERE NEAR cancun and is travelling in the opposite direction, not sure why you would have an alert.

9. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Looks like a typical Florida storm from here... and they can use it, big wildfires right where it sits on that map.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    This wont have any affect on Cancun, it's a totally different weather pattern to a hurricane such as Wilma. The big hurricanes like Wilma form way off to the south in the equatorial seas and move north westwards while gathering intensity as they move slowly over warm water for hundreds or thousands of miles.

This storm is moving south over relatively cool waters and will surely dissipate as soon as it hits land giving rain to Florida but not here. It's already forecasted to be downgraded to depression status in the next 48 hrs and I'd expect by Monday it'll be gone completely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice