Firefighter's Fund

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunNurse, Aug 27, 2011.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Off to Chetumal tomorrow to see if a good friend of mine can help to EXTRICATE these blasted uniforms. Keep your fingers crossed!

2. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay...once Rina passes, we'll start again. Hopefully, this time, I knocked on the right doors and have the proper people to help. Chetumal was useless....some special "locals" are seeing what can be done. Further updates will follow!

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the update--and the patience!

4. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Firefighter's

Thanks, Jim, for your support. I told my husband that my picture is going to appear as you come from the airport on the big billboards...."If you see this crazy gringa, give her what she wants! You'll save yourself alot of aggravation!" Translated into Spanish...GRINGA LOCA!

5. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Getting closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still banging on alot of doors....!!!!!!!!!!!

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Nurse - Thanks for your loving gift to Casa Hogar. Coincidentally we almost simultaneously rec'd gifts of two VCR players. The kids are now enjoying the movies and cartoons.

God Bless you for all the good work you do in our community.

7. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Firefighters

Good Karma travels fast! Thanks for the nice words TJ!

8. kellyfitz11

kellyfitz11 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun nurse - Did the firefighters uniforms ever make it??? Is the International Womens Club you are the president of still active here in Cancun? That sounds like something I would love to be a part of! I am always looking for non profit or volunteer work to contribute to as well. Any information anyone can give me would be appreciated! Thanks.

9. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Firefighter´s Uniforms

Kellyfitz11...PM me. I can give you all the information
    you´d like. We are really a nice mix of women from all over the workd that enjoy helping our community to grow.
    Give_A_Toy@yahoo.com
    Thank you so much for helping me to go forward in getting the uniforms for our wonderful Firemen! Such brave men deserve nothing less.Give a Toy, Get A Smile (me) is giving toys to each of the children of the Firemen, up to the age of 15. I would love for you to be there to see the happy faces of the children and their parents. It´s a wonderful event and very heartwarming...you know you´ve made a difference in the life of a child. The party will be at the Tulum Avenue Firehouse at 5pm on December 23rd. Please join us...it´s a community celebration...All of the toys have been donated by the tourists that visit Cancun from the United States and Canada, as well as the International Women´s Club of Cancun. You´re sure to understand the meaning of the Christmas spirit after this experience. Nancy
    PS...We´re hoping that Santa will also be there with the uniforms we have all been hoping for! :xyxthumbs:

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Kel,

My Christian church does tons of work with the orphanage in Bonfil, Casa Hogar Para Niños Esperanza. If you are interested in donating some time, I can put you in touch with the gal that coordinates the volunteer efforts. I get so much joy from these kids. We had a Christmas Party for them on Tuesday. The ladies stayed with the girls and the smallest boy. A couple of guys and I took the boys to Peter Piper and let them enjoy the games and stuff themselves with pizza.

For the 2nd year in a row a few of us are invited to their Christmas dinner and celebration. We helped with the tree decorations and with gifts and Santa. Santa comes to Mexico before going to the US and Canada.

Let me know via FB or ToriB can give you my info if you are interested in this.

Not trying to divert you from Cancun Nurse's project. She does more charity for this community than anyone I know, groups included. She is the absolute bomb.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice