Findig a rental

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by NoMasSnow, Feb 12, 2008.

1. NoMasSnow

NoMasSnow Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum, but definitely not to Cun. I have lived and worked here periodically in-season with a package travel provider. I was recently laid off from my job in Colorado (Think COLLLDDDD) and decided to take a short stint with my old company this Spring, i'll be in town late Feb-Mar. My past is in real estate so I am looking at possibly working for the new Westin timeshare... my question is, however, how do most people find a good long term rental. Every time I have lived in Cun in the past the company provided us with housing. Also, if anyone has any info on the Westin Lagunamar (contacts etc.) I would appreciate it. 2 weeks from today... I can't wait!

Thanks in advance for all help!

Jason

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    Most people find them either by word of mouth, or by looking through the classifieds in Novedades.

Just be sure you view many properties before making a final decision. There is a lot of bad but some real gems if you look hard enough.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your move.

3. NoMasSnow

NoMasSnow Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds, great, thanks for the advice. I have heard from my friends out there that word of mouth seems to be the best way. If anyone reading this has anything in the hotel zone feel free to get in contact with me!

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The real issue here is not so much finding a decent place to rent, although that's hard, but finding a landlord who is not horrible.

The best is if you can find a way to get a reference on a landlord, speak to others who have rented from that landlord.

Landlords here often expect the tenant to pay for all maintenance and normal wear and tear, which means that maintenance does not get done, the property slowly falls apart and the tenant has to pay for things they shouldn't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice