Finally

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Robbie.F, May 22, 2014.

1. Robbie.F

Robbie.F Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well on Friday I collect my permanent residency from the INM offices after being in Mexico 10 years on a tourist visa, I will fly down to Cancun next week with one suit case of my clothes or what ever 25 kilos will allow me to take. The Plan is for me to find a suitable rental place to live and a job as soon as possible so my wife and two children can then join me and start our new life together. If anyone knows of a house sit for a short period or a cheap short term apartment that I can use as a base while I get my bearings and scout out the area it would be really appreciated.

2. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    So jealous.

There is quite a bit of work out there right now, especially for people who speak English and Spanish.

Lots of low cost places, it totally depends what area you want to live in.

This is a pretty good time to rent or buy imo. Usually prices are lower up until November I've found when high season prices start coming back in.

What area are you looking in?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Congrats!

But I'm intrigued how you got to qualify for Permanent Residency off a Tourist Visa?

Tourist Visa's last a max of 6 months and it's not like they get renewed, you just start afresh each time you leave and come back.

4. Robbie.F

Robbie.F Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Steve I live at the moment on the border with Arizona so every 6 months I travel to the border and cross for the day in fact most of the time the INM officers at the border don't care if you crossed into the US or not, they issue the tourist visa anyway. I then have two Mexican children and am married to a Mexican automatic PR now no questions about funds or bank accounts or jobs and as the offices here in Hermosillo very rarely have anyone in the office it took just 5 days from start to finish.

As for locations to live at the moment I have no idea other from what I have read on here nothing massive and around 3500 a month.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice