Finally Lost It… With Dj And “his” Music !!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by FFC/WBA, Jun 10, 2019.

1. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    I believe the concensus is that the DJ just can't read the crowd and adjust the playlist accordingly. I think I know why. I believe he is just playing "Dance Club Party" on Pandora. It is one of my saved stations and when I play it, it is the exact same songs in the exact same order as is played in Bash on most nights. If that's the case, why have a DJ?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Epic & Jewel

Epic & Jewel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 0
    I always feel bad for Kyle because he ends up being the sole voice for the "EDM" crowd. He does such a good job that I never feel like there is anything to add. I just want to say that he speaks for many. We are among the group who not only wants some music variety but also likes a little bit of thump, thump thump. The Amin Van Buuren version of Jump is a great example. If that song comes on we are all in. If the original Van Halen version comes on I get to watch my wife's eyes glaze over.

Could the DJ be better? Yep. Will he ever be good enough to satisfy even a strong majority? Probably not. Imagine if there were only one restaurant at the resort where everyone had to eat every day. The complaints about the food would be as strong and constant as the ones we see about music.

In the end we are all just looking for a good vibe where everyone can have fun. It takes some sacrifices all around. So the next time Bon Jovi comes on I'll say a little prayer, paint on a smile and party like I still love that tune.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yeah I agree. Sorry if it seemed like I was breaking it down too far from a TTR standpoint. I just wanted to comment on the music examples provided. I was glad when Restling asked, and I hoped you answered.

And as far as the knob twisting, I have no problem with it. I just think you should make your own sounds and music, and then play and twist all the knobs you want to it. And on a side point to kind of explain where I am coming from, with a 15 minute tutorial of of how the setup worked, I was able to "DJ" at a party by knob twisting and switching tracks at essentially the same level as the "Real DJ". So to me that doesn't show much of a skill-set, it's just buying equipment and building a party following. Never met anyone that learned the guitar in 15 minutes :)

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Funny re this one. As when I play it the ladies go crazy. And well, I kind of like it when ladies go crazy :) But I also admit that it is on my workout/running playlist because it brings happy, motivating thoughts to mind :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I am glad and appreciate Kyle's love of EDM, and the way in which he explains it on the forum. He is a good voice for the people that don't say much, and has to constantly fight an uphill battle. That's why you won't get any hate from me. As a rocker, I probably listen to more EDM than you might expect. There just are times and places for everything.

Have to agree with you, my wife's eyes would probably roll too at VH's Jump, especially at Temptation. Her eyes roll in my kitchen when I'm dancing around.

I am 100% willing to sacrifice, and in like 9 trips I think there was only one trip where the music actually was detrimental to my vacation. It was far worse than normal, and like literally is WAS the same 14 songs in a loop.

I guess sacrifice isn't even the right word, I am open to listening to all things at Temptation, shit that's part of the appeal of the joint. But as far as Bon Jovi...I will never paint a smile and pretend. It's time for a bathroom visit.

6. wild1s

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    ...but if they only had more lounge chairs around the pool!;)

7. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Another trip has came and went, and again my ass never touched a chair around the pool that wasn't a stool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    @ScubaSteve and @Jen&Kyle - depending on whose knob it is and whose doing the twisting, knob twisting might not be a bad thing. Especially at TTR. .

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. wild1s

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Same here, but they make nice storage lockers!

10. wild1s

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    I was thinking the same thing. Actually got a little excited!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice