Finally Lost It… With Dj And “his” Music !!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by FFC/WBA, Jun 10, 2019.

1. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    I hope to be just as cool and talking shit to dj's in my years to come. :). You have my respect guys lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Exactly what many have since suggested. Read the crowd, play some variety. Yes I would expect more disco/80s/funk on throw back night and more house, trance on neon rave night. I don’t like country but I appreciate if the dj does a block of similar songs even country and sees how the crowd reacts. I am happiest when the party is happening regardless of the genre. Least happy when I hear the same song too many times and mentally can’t get by it.

For what type of music I like which would be considered EDM (specifically I lean towards trance or deep house within EDM). And it is not the thump thump of a Pitbull song or shots shots shots shots shots or Party Rock etc. It is songs like linked below...note intentionally picking some with lyrics that are mixes off of old school songs people may know which are more likely to appeal to a wider audience...

Here is a ‘thump thump thump’ song I would say is EDm which we happened to hear at an event this weekend that had EDM dj’s.. a remix of the old Shout song

And some others...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. HTOWNCOUPLE

HTOWNCOUPLE Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Here’s another one we really like that you might enjoy.

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (Gigamesh Edit)

4. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Like it. Probably would be more of a day time or really late night song for me though vs party time but like it. There are a lot of good Fleetwood Mac creative remixes out there.

Last summer we were in Mykonos Greece at a cool little club called Scorpios and they had a live dj / band mix of the Chain. Another one not for party time but great for more chill time... this is different so expect some to hate it :) but worth sharing ...

5. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,829 / 3
    Wow. I enjoyed those. Thanks for sharing!

6. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    GOOD NEWS.....different DJ last night (Heroes)…. modern music ( some established TTR anthems) well this century at least LOL …. good crowd up , dancing and having fun... well done DJ, good night, only concern was the crowd was so thin by 12.30...…… new question is TTR losing it's party Mojo, I mean bed by midnight... shit !!. certainly the people aren't here.. ???????

7. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    That is exactly what we do. Grab the Bose and a deck of card and have fun.

8. Epic & Jewel

Epic & Jewel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 0
    I really need to pick your brain before I schedule upcoming vacations. You seemingly have been to all of the places on our list and apparently a good music scene and vibe is as important to you as it is to us.

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,162 / 7
    A healthy music discussion :)

Kyle, so I have zero problems with this type of music, and I actually feel like I would enjoy listening to any one of these songs at Temptation (with the one exception being Chicane song...I think that it just a bit too much in the "mood music" and you have to be in that "mood").

Lots of "knob twisting" going on in those jams, and I think there is a separation of the type of DJ's we are talking about. Meaning the EDM "DJs" are trying to put together a music set where people are just dancing/feeling the rhythms, lyrics are not important/often non-existent, and "songs" last 3-15 minutes with changes in tempo, base, and electronic sounds. I do not feel this type of DJ fits in at TTR, unless it is to a specified smaller crowd. I have been to these events, and unless you are on Ecstasy or something similar, it's a bit too much after about an hour. Again, the Chicane song is the leader in this regard from the examples provided.

Just to comment on the other ones, and again I am not knocking them, but as a musician just feeding some stuff though a computer, adding synthesizer, taking parts of the lyrics(not they way they are intended), and then adding in some effects doesn't make you a musician, or even a DJ, you're a knob twister with a computer. And many of these types of people never even laid their fingers on keys, stings, sticks, and probably can't sing. (ok sorry, little rant there...nothing to do with you or the music you like. A fight I have with my future talentless "DJ" brother in law.)

1. Grum - Shout - I feel people would enjoy and dance just as much to the Tears for Fears original version.
    2. Afrojack - Hey - Seems perfect for Temptation
    3. Armin's Jump - Good for dancing and partying. Obviously Armin one of the most successful "knob turners", does have some talent. However, I and most people at Temptation would party just as hard and dance to the original Van Halen version.
    4. Chicane - Fibreglasses - too much EDM for TTR
    5. The Chainsmokers and Coldplay - not a bad song, but strait up for girls. (I know this because Elyse plays it too much)

6. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (Gigamesh Edit) - original is better and just as dance-able.
    7. Kerala Dust - The Chain feat. Brooke Bentham - again original is better, not super dance-able, but I do think I own a version of that song by Fleetwood Mac that is a bit faster.

I really do believe that Temptation would be successful if they had different music tailored to each theme night, and they were always different. This way you would know what to expect for the night before you even show up to Bash. And it would stop the bitching a bit because it would be like "I don't like this night's music, but tomorrow I can't wait". Then you can adjust what nights you want more or less Bash.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    One of those to each their own type of things. But to be clear I was asked both what I would play at TTR which I answered in the first part of the post to be all about variety. And then I was asked what music I like which is what you are responding to and breaking down... so two different things. The music I like is not what I would suggest TTR to be playing at Bash for the reasons you mention. So I think end result we are on the same page with the exception of the knob twister point :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice