Finally Lost It… With Dj And “his” Music !!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by FFC/WBA, Jun 10, 2019.

1. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    I enjoy the DJ for about the third of the cruise and them all I here is this . Sorry actual its all I'm thinking not hearing. I'm so hammered I cant focus well and everyone sounds like Charly Browns teacher. The Boob cruise DJ is very good and reads his crowd as well as plays off Chinos and Omar.

2. HTOWNCOUPLE

HTOWNCOUPLE Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    I’m sure he just presses play on his iPod and walks away. It was constantly the same songs night after night and became extremely irritating

3. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    Would be great to have a DJ rotation and guest DJs.
    It's a TTR DJ's tough job trying to be all things to all people AND following the directive to play the entire Pitbull music catalogue every week. :) (maybe the DJ's playlist hands are tied by mgmt or policy?)

(Btw, if you haven't heard it, youTube Green Day's song from 5 yrs back or so, titled, "Kill the DJ" . Good for a chuckle.)

upload_2019-6-10_18-40-15.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  4. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Bash is one of those fine lines thats hard to get right because it represents different things to different people/demographics.

For some...Bash is a place to party your ass off and lose yourself in clubby music so you can dance as long as you want.

Others use Bash as their "let's seal the deal" spot with couples or singles they talked to all day at the pool. Basically a good ol hunting ground for those into the lifestyle.

Still others want Bash to be their wind-down routine and a place where you can enjoy some drinks and good convo with others.

And finally...some want Bash to be the place where they can take center stage with their theme costume and stay in theme most of the night so they can get as much fun out of it as possible.

All of these are totally valid ideas for what Bash is. Not sure if we'll ever find middle ground. Personally...on the nights that were louder than others, we posted up inside the bar or lobby and took a break there. Everytime GF came back from the bathroom, she came back with 2-3 girls that she had just met and struck up convo with having a blast. Party is all over at Temptation :)

5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    It would be terrific if they would dim the lights in the lobby bar at night...it's just too bright in there. It would be a great place to escape the DJ if it had dimmer lighting. I feel like I'm wearing a party dress at the grocery store. Wouldn't it be great if they installed dimmable lights with the recent lobby bar reno?!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    That's because he is an idiot and could care less about his job. Not sure why management tolerates this as part of their public image.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. jnine

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    Another great idea! Dimmer lights would be very nice!

8. jnine

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    All valid points, but the thing is, nobody posting has asked only for one specific type of music. Most everyone seems to be saying the apparently self-absorbed and no doubt tone deaf if not completely deaf DJ needs to mix it up a bit, and read what is working for the crowds at the time. And lower the volume enough that it would be possible to have a conversation. It's not fun to yell at another person when trying to carry on conversation.

9. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    No argument from us :). As a club dj in a recent former life, I do agree...the crowd reading is not happening like it should it seems.

10. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Thank you all for your reactions and input. May I just say we’re probably at the “older” end of the spectrum.. but DOESN’T MEAN we’re dead and do listen and appreciate all vogues of modern music and still go to gigs and festivals.
    My whole point was.. It was a Boogie Theme night, I didn’t chose it, the hotel did. Guests dressed for the nights theme. People of all ages were dancing on the stage, the “EDM” came on, the DANCE FLOOR EMPTIED. After about 10 mins I went to the restroom, when I came back EDM was still playing… guess what no one was dancing, I walked through a young crowd , none of them or ANY of “the younger crowd” where dancing or bopping, people were leaving… so much for “the young thrusters !!”… someone had to address it, so I told the DJ what I thought, he then chased after me with security… interesting why ??.. nice way to respond to a guest. Within 10 mins he was playing Boogie and people returned to bopping and some to the dance floor….. this has NOTHING TO DO WITH AGE PROFILE… just we signed up for one product and got something else……. we wanted to dance and party not go to bed !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice