Finally Lost It… With Dj And “his” Music !!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by FFC/WBA, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I think "they don't really care" is the correct response. Think about it, they have chairs that you can't sit on, poolside loungers that don't recline, a pool that is too cold a third of the year, and music that people don't want to listen to.... at least they have food that you can eat.

That being said, I realize the music is the most difficult thing to fix, as there are so many different taste and wants in that department. I agree with ScubaSteve, that if they would just turn it down a little, it would help with the Bash atmosphere. We usually end up in the area closest to the grill, as that is the least noisy, but it's still really hard to have a conversation.

Music during the day has definitely been hit or miss during our trips. The worse was one day when it was basically "quiet pool" type music. The place was dead that day.

2. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    You know the saying “If it’s too loud, your are too old”. Yeah...that’s bullshit. If we have scream in each other’s face it is too loud. If DJ can’t figure that out from the booth, management and/or security might be better able to assess the volume from various spots at Bash.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Danny&Jenny

Danny&Jenny Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 0
    I totally agree with FFC. Last April it was boogie night. My wife and I and several other of our party made a great effort to dress the theme. We were having a great time dancing around and then it was like somebody turned off the switch. The theme completely stopped and the dance floor cleared. I was not happy about it. I did not confront the DJ even though I really would’ve liked to. I think we went back to the room early that night

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Variety is the spice of life... in more ways than one ;)

They are not playing EDM when the house dj is working. We have gone from 2-4 trips a year to 1 a year from now on primarily due to the music and dj. Picking our visits for when there is a takeover bringing in their own dj’s or an announced guest dj. The DJ effects the quality of the party. We acknowledge though even without a dj switch the TTR party still kills most parties and that is probably why the resort has historically had apathy on this subject. We met the gm at the partial takeover event in April and he went out of his way to say they were planning to bring in more guest dj’s and were going for a vibe similar to what the takeover group brought in. Always hard to tell what is legit though vs smoke in situations like these.

5. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I've asked once before, but can't find it. Can you list some of the music that you prefer?

6. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    Actually the type of music isn't the issue, its the DJs inability or lack of concern to read the crowd. Every night is different and may need to hit a different demo even different times of the same night. A good DJ with float a trial genre if it flops he moves on based on the crowds reaction. This guy seems to want to either play what he wants or press play on a preprogramed set list and get though the night. Maybe he was talented and cared about his performance at one time but it certainly isn't the case now. Although music isn't the only factor in a good night the DJ can play the major part in the crowds energy level. Many nights you can watch this guy ruin it. One night he went in a whole EDM thing and Bash was a ghost town by 12:30. Im not saying EDM was the problem it just wasn't the crowd for it. He should have tried a track or two and thought well that didn't work, let me try Sweet Caroline:mad:. I have to agree volume is a bit loud so even if the music sucks and you don't want to dance you cant talk. The only other option is to take it somewhere else and that thins the crowd.
    Being a DJ is tough job especial for this diverse of a crowd. Being able to read the crowd give them what they want at that moment is the difference between a professional and some guy who calls himself a DJ. TTR management if you are listening this seems to be one of those constant complaints. You found your way to address ball caps and shorts, it seems its time to take a hard look at this music issue. Fire up you surveillance video don't even listen to the songs being played. Watch the dance floor and the DJ, see what he does to get the crowed up. I bet you will find that he barely even looks up to see what is going on. Bash is one of the big draws to your resort it seems it might be worth putting some questions on your exit survey to get a some opinions.
    I will now get out the big popcorn bowl and a fresh bottle of rum. Oh and crank up the tunes:marshe:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Ryan&Dani

Ryan&Dani Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +448 / 0
    On our trip back in February the nonstop thump, thump, thump all day long and then again all night long got really old really quick. The DJ needs to go on a Boobs Cruise and learn from their DJ what to play. The Boobs Cruise crew has nailed the music in my opinion, which keeps people partying and having fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Are you asking what music I personally prefer or what I would prefer for TTR because note it is two different answers :)

9. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    I have fun on the BC but honestly could careless about the music and don’t even know what was played. The alcohol, naked girls, Chinos and sexy shenanigans keep people partying.

10. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Actually both would be great. I'm always trying to add to my playlist, and need to go outside my own taste. I play music all the time. On the road, at sporting events for the school, on the golf cart during couple golf, hot tub, at home etc...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice