Finally..I have arrived in Paradise....(Trip Report) Part 1.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Mike L., May 17, 2005.

1. Mike L.

Mike L. Regular Registered Member

Chicago via Nuevo Vallarta via Canada via Seattle
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    ... It has been three very long days for me. I left Morelia Michoacan on Friday at 4:00 am in the morning. With a 2002 map of Mexico in my glove compartment I took off with a grin on my face. The first 5 hours or so were uneventful I chose a roundabout route to avoid Mexico City which means that I'm driving on the free highways and not on the toll highways, in other words more SPEEDBUMPS! It has become very clear to me that the Mex gov. does not want to pay for any detailed highway signs and I eventually become lost..I see a cop in this Pueblito (I'll get back to you guys with it's name later) and decide to make a U-turn and ask for directions. I tell him I'm lost & need to find the road to the highway..he replies that I have made an illegal turn and will have my car impounded until Monday..In my politest voice I tell him to BITE ME..fortunately he doesn't speak english...I tell him that I need to keep traveling is there someway we can settle this like gentleman..(I'm thinking Pistols at Dawn..he's thinking MORDITA<bribe>) damn how much, i ask..he answers $100 US..I politely tell him to Lick my rusty sherrifs badge..he still hasn't learned any english yet so we begin to haggle and I finally give him 200 pesos..he then is extremely polite and gives me detailed directions back on the highway...bastard.
    I'm on my way and am now traveling through Toluca and have decided to try out the new toll highways..I'm unfortunately delayed again by the largest flea market in the world or TIANGUIS as there called down here. This thing was at least twenty by twenty city blocks! I have to make a huge detour through the city in order to get to the highway in Sat. traffic..joy....
    Stay tuned for the next exciting episode in Mike's travels to Cancun....

2. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ha ha ha ha ha...LOVE IT!!! Hurry and finish...I leave tomorrow morning and want to know how the rest of it goes!! :claphappy:

Glad you made it safe!

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Excellent!

4. jody04

jody04 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hurry up ,,need more!!! :lol:

5. Mike L.

Mike L. Regular Registered Member

Chicago via Nuevo Vallarta via Canada via Seattle
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Part 2 Trip Report...When last we left our hero...

..sorry I had to break but I got a call back on an apartment and I had to run....(1st day here and I'm already looking for a place to live...I want to go to the beach!)..Ok headed out of Toluca went through Cuernavaca...Mountanous ..national park..2 lane twisting highway up then down ..fortunately not much traffic but it really sucked when a semi or bus was heading my way..tight corners..weeeeeeeeeee ..make it to Cuernavaca stop for a bite to eat...talk to this old man who makes sure that I take the right route to Puebla....
    ON the road again...fairly unexciting ..little to see especially on the toll highways....wait what's this? I happen to look over the medium across the highway and see this man with a pair of jeans (chalk yellow in color) ..these jeans have been cut from the hip down in large strips (both pant legs) no shirt, carrying a large black trash bag..half empty...he looks starved and has a pretty scary look to him...I haven't seen a town in about an hour or so....where in the hell did this dude come from??!!...I decide that I'm not that curious and keep on heading down the road......
    ...Really uneventful and I decide to eventually stop In Tuxtla Gutierrez..Oh I know why I've been driving for about 18 friggin hours now..I think I better take a break....
    Will our mighty hero make it ..or peril on his journey??!! SAME BAT-Time same BAT-CHANNEL STAY TUNED!

Still checking on apartments I'll try to keep posting as fast as I can.....

6. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok...I LOVE the suspense!! :lol: But I know you made it :wink: I'm fey :roll:

Scary dude on the road :blueshock:

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great...but I'm waiting for more!!!

Karan

8. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    8) How Cool. I want to hear more.....

9. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Come ON now!! The apartment can wait...I'm leaving in 12 1/2 hrs and I have to sleep SOMETIME!! :roll:

10. shoreladie

shoreladie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish I was there with you!!! :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice