FINAL CHAPTER - SERGIO PILATI FURNITURE FIASCO-BRAVO PROFECO

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Nov 25, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yesterday I got my money refunded from Sergio Pilati Furniture. This was after waiting 2 months for a delivery that was due in 2 weeks, only to have the furniture largely damaged and totally unacceptable. The order was placed and paid in full in early July.

Then the refund that was promised by Sept 20 did not come and resulted in a complaint being filed with Profeco. They did not show at the first hearing and a $9,000 fine was levied. They did show at the second hearing and promised to pay by last Friday, but the money did not show up. I had a call yesterday and asked if I could come to the store at 3:30.
    I did and they paid.

This store does not deserve to be in business and I was told by Profeco that there were many other complaints, one of which I saw posted on a clipboard at Profeco.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SHOP AT SERGIO PILATI FURNITURE STORE, which is at Grand Plaza at the top of the escalator.

2. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks

Thanks for alerting us all T.J.
    Happy to hear you finally prevailed and received your refund.
    We won't be shopping there any time soon.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really glad to hear that Profeco came through, nice to hear that something works. Keep spreading the word and protecting your fellow citizens, thanks TJ.

4. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I didn't see the Profeco warning stickers all over the store I thought that Pilati might have greased some Profeco official's hands.

It's good to know that you got your cash back.

P.S.: Is that 7 cuadras still waiting or did you down it already? :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice