Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach ***** EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach here.

Located at Km9 it is in the heart of the Hotel Zone and party center. This hotel is, strictly Bay side but is right on the cusp of Cancun so is almost Ocean side. Downtown is a 15 minute bus journey away.

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

2. Lynn15

Lynn15 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I absolutely LOVE this hotel, Im suprised that no one has made a comment about it....

:)

3. scolone

scolone Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    visiting in mid feb.

Hello everyone,

I originally made reservations via Expedia for the Fiesta American Condesa (at a good price) in mid February. They called me a day later to say that the hotel would still be closed due to Wilma. They switched our reservations over to the Fiesta Americana Coral for the same price. From the photos i see and what i hear, this looks to be a good deal for me.

My wife and I have a 4 year old and two year old twins. We love them dearly but its gonna be great to get away for 5 days. This will be our first vacation since our children were born and we chose cancun because i love the beach! I have been to cancun 4 or 5 times before and have always had a great time. We are looking to just get away and sit on the beach (maybe have a few drinks :wink: ). In the evening relax or go to the bars...

Any input as to what we can expect with the hotel, beach, restaurant and bars after Wilma?

Not really worried, just wondering :)

Thanks

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Coral Beach is open and fantastic. After Wilma they change the carpets and a "vitral" that broke. All the other services including beach and pool facilities, bars and restaurants are working properly.

I love this hotel not only because it is amazing and very good located to do walk shopping and night life but also because in one of their suites we decide to move to Cancun 9 years ago.

5. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I stayed here the begining of May. We had one of the nicest rooms that we'd ever had in Cancun. However, there was no beach vollyball, no water aerobics, no occasional swim suit fashion show, no trivia game, no beer chug-a-lug. Not even bingo at the pool. The only thing to do was drink and at about $16.00 US, it got real expensive. I'm not saying that I have to be entertained all day long but this was ,by far, the most boring hotel that I've ever stayed in in Cancun. If you want to not talk to anyone and just read a book on vacation, then this is the place for you. I'm not sure how this hotel got all those AAA awards. Apparently the judges don't know about the really good hotels. I was upset that Vacation Express (a charter out of Cincinnati) advertises this place as having an outdoor hot tub. There's a photo on the website featuring the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach. The hot tub is outside the Presidential Suite and is not for any other guests. I would not recommend this place. Sorry and thanks to CancunCare.com for letting me get my opinion out there. Pat

6. jet757f

jet757f Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Exactly the hotel we are looking for............boring!!!

I would much rather have a low key quiet hotel and be able to walk down the street if I want to party!!!

I really dont have any Desire for hotel activities that I could do at home when I am in a beautiful place like Cancun!!! And what would be more annoying is having to watch or listen to them...........

We will be staying at this hotel 6/26-7/3

7. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have a great vacation!

Dear Jet, Be sure to take a good book with you and maybe brush up on your Japanese. Oh, and maybe some earplugs to drowned out the construction that's going on there. I suppose there is construction going on everywhere in Cancun. It's great to see the town bounce back. I was there in December and was shocked. Came back in February and May an there's been lots of progress. Have a good time at the Coral Beach. I think the the Casa Magna is ichiban. (Number One) Patricia

8. jet757f

jet757f Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back last night and loved the hotel!!!

Seemed like an equal mix of Americans and Hispanic people staying at the hotel.......

There was no construction noise at all and in fact very quiet. We stayed up late at night and slept late in the morning with no problem.

Excellent location never needed at taxi or bus.

I did see them doing aerobics or whatever they call it in the pool in the morning where they play volleyball.

My only complaint is the balconies. You do not get much privacy since on most of them there is no wall separating you with your neighbors. We do like to sit out on the balcony at night. Luckily not many seem to do this so it wasnt a problem for us. If you do get someone next to you who likes to party it could be a problem.

9. drjim

drjim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    medical care

There is a great group of doctors that are on staff there, They speak english and are very competent, I know, as I am one of them. The consultorio is one of the best I´ve seen here in Cancun.

10. Luv2havefun

Luv2havefun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    I'll be staying here June 8-12 for business....any other fun people going to be here that week....just looking for something to do at night and aren't much of a loner...let me know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice