Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun ***** EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun here.

Located at Km15 it is a 15 minute bus journey to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 35 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for information, availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

2. jmon

jmon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fiesta Americana Condesa - Jan. 10-17, 2005

Fiesta Americana Condesa - Jan. 10-17, 2005

8)

The F.A. Condesa made a great first impression. Very nice lobby, and awesome, huge 2 level pool. The upper level was heated to about 82 deg. Restaurant near the pool is nice but expensive ($8 margaritas - $4 beers) Check-in went smooth. We got a rate of $125 on hotwire (all taxes incl). The room was nothing exceptional, but comfortable and adequate!. We tipped the maid 50 pesos a day and our room was cleaned every day by noon. We had a great view from our Room (#317 in the Moon Tower). We were fortunate to have a balcony, not all rooms have it; if you are staying there you might want to request one. The staff was great, all very friendly and accomodating. The hotel is on a great stretch of beach. Current was strong during our stay. They have lifeguards at both ends of their section of beach. Plenty of palapas and lounge chairs (50% with nice cushions); we never felt crowded at the pool or beach. Drinks and snacks can be ordered from the beach. (the nachos we're pretty good and not too expensive). All in all I liked the hotel very much and was happy we ended up @ the condesa.

One evening we rented a car from 'best day cancun' (the activities company located at the F.A. Condesa) They got us a rate of $50 (small atos car) including insurance, and arranged to have the car dropped off the evening prior to the rental day for no extra charge.

One great piece of advice I got from cancuncare, was to buy a Styrofoam cooler at WalMart for beers etc. (also you can get a six pack of Corona at the Cancun WalMart for about $3.50). They leave you no room in the minibar for anything personal. I also brought a insulated plastic Starbucks cup for margaritas (for my wife) while we lounged on the beach. Saves a lot of money.

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fiesta Americana Condesa

FIESTA AMERICANA CONDESA

We stayed at this hotel twice, the first time was January 2004, and the second time was January 2005.

Both times we had a Fiesta Club oceanview room, nice!

Very clean room, lots of big fluffy towels, mini bar, turn down service at night.

We thought the food was very good.
    You can order from a menu, or the Condesa also offers a buffet, including a large dessert selection.

We found the prices at the Condesa to be high, :shock:
    but they do offer an all-inclusive option, also.

The Fiesta Americana Condesa is a very nice hotel, with excellent service and good food.

There is no entertainment at night, except a sax player in the Lobby Bar.
    So if you're looking for an upscale, quiet hotel this may be the place for you!

:cool:

4. Ladyinred

Ladyinred Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going in April

Hey im college student whose going down with a few of her gf's the beginning of April. We are staying at this hotel. Is it pretty close to the night life or are we pretty far out from that scene.

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, you are too far to walk to the "party zone", but that shouldn't stop you from grabbing a 7-peso bus ride there. Transportation is cheap and reliable (busses run their route 24/7).

6. FamilyMan

FamilyMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Reopening Status?

Just booked a trip for my family in early Mar 2006. Any idea how the reopening is coming along? Good place to stay for children/family?

7. Kamigwen

Kamigwen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm planning on staying at the Condesa in May for my honeymoon. I know it opens back up on January 31st but I was wondering about the condition of the beach. Can anyone give me any information?

8. sjasonsmith1795

sjasonsmith1795 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why the delay in reopening?

I saw that there was a delay in the reopening of the Fiesta Americana Condesa.... Any reason why? Does anyone from Cancun have any recent picture of this hotel? I am planning a visit to Cancun in May and just wanted to see how the Condesa was rebuilding.

Thanks, Jason :evil:

9. CrazyLou

CrazyLou Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Reopening

I am planning on staying at the Condesa Feb 10th thu 19th... as the hotel was planning on reopening on January 31st... which has now been pushed back to the 15th of Feb... I am trying to get in touch with the hotel chain to see what the deal is... or if they can transfer my reservation to another one of their already open hotels... I will check back and let you know what I find out...

10. CrazyLou

CrazyLou Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The COndesa is OPEN !!

I called my travel agent -- who contacted the hotel directly... the lady at the Condesa said that the Hotel is very much open, as of now... The reopening dates as posted on the Posadas Website show when the facility will be 100% repaired from Wilma... So it's open now -- just not in 100% top form... still has some cosmetic blemishes... Good news!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice