Few Questions about Cancun in July (advice please!)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by chambers, Mar 3, 2011.

1. AusTraveller

AusTraveller Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi chambers, looks like there will be a few aussies over there that time of year. Im heading there with my gf 31 July - 5 August looking at staying at Gran Caribe Real Cancun. Hoping for the same thing as you guys. We are 27 and 24 and want to find some good party spots. If you find any more info can you please pass it on, also some reviews after your stay would be great.
    Cheers

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am REALLY sorry I am just seeing this!!!!
    RIU Cancun if you are younger. The Palace is more for Couples; beautiful and romantic. I am pretty sure if you stay at The Palace, you can use any of the other two RIU's, but don't quote me.
    I have been going to the GR every Sunday to visit a friend and all ages are included in most activities. Some are just for adults, but the Entertainment team there is a great group of ppl. They are all around your age as well as they are in most hotels.

3. Ash72

Ash72 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Chambers,

We are in the same position as you mate! We are 3 mid-20 guys from Melbourne and will be in Cancun 15th - 17th July, same time as you boys. For days I have been reading posts on trip advisor and Yahoo questions... I am currently tossing up between Riu Palace and Gran Caribe Real. Gran Caribe has a great entertainment program and attracts alot of mid 20's, so the posts say. But between the two resorts of Riu Palace and Riu Cancun, there should be more than enough happening that time of year to make it fun!

I'm definitely leaning towards Riu Palace, as you have the option of walking next door to Riu Cancun. I had a mate stay at the Palace last year, and whilst he said the crowd can be quite mixed, you can literally walk a few minutes next door to Riu Cancun and be amongst a completely different crowd. If you stay at Riu Cancun though, you can't use the restaurants and bars at Riu Palace (I'm pretty sure!). Also the food and drink is of a high standard... not that eating is of great important, it's cheating after all!

That's my 2 cents mate. Will no doubt bump into you there somewhere, probably the pool bar, where we knock back a few tequilas and hopefully have roped a few extra people into heading out with us that night!

Cheers,
    Ash

4. farmymg

farmymg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My family and I stayed at the Gran Caribe Real last year... little ones running around for sure - good part is the little/little kids pool is off on its own (we went in July same times you guys are planning) but you STILL have kids throughout the 'regular' pool. If we were NOT with our teenagers we would have moved next door on the cheap (there Adult only place had an upgrade for $15/night - brought to our room after a night staying at GCR) - But as you have read they DO have a cool/hip fun entertainment staff and going out with them to the nightclubs was awesome (best yet as far as entertainment staff going to the night clubs) - that includes 6 different hotels we've stayed at (including temptations). One of the guys there actually used to be at Temptations. I believe you can't go wrong at any of the RUIs, I like others have NOT been impressed with the Oasis chains but you do get a decent younger 20ish crowd. I have stayed at Dreams and did not see that as a 'singles' kind of place but that was 8 yrs ago.

5. gringoNparadise

gringoNparadise Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancun answers

hello down under! my names Brian and i now live in cancun ,(came on vacation) havent been home since! .as far as the OFFICIAL spring Break its pretty much finished but cancun and the riviera maya is well occupied year round.as far as where you should stay i would recommend checking out deals in all-inclusive resorts DOWN THE COAST like in playa del carmen or tulum which are a little more hip and geared for the younger crowd like you guys! cancun and the riviera maya in general are only dangerous if youre are a competitive drug dealer, crime against average people is almost unheard of. and wherever you live there is certainly more crime!!! i dont know youre interests but you should think of this area as a nature lovers paradise with tons of cool stuff to do and see! if you need some more advice write me im a nice fellow.

6. Banana

Banana Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this is off subject a bit but we are getting married July 18 at the Dreams Riviera Cancun and I was wondering if anyone know of any firedancers we can hire to dance at the wedding.

Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice