fed ex shipment

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Mar 9, 2007.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!

We shipped something Fed Ex, that was on the truck to be delivered, and I just noticed it said that customer not there or business closed. It is a restaurant, so I doubt the business is closed, does anyone know if Fed Ex will try again another time? Well, actually I just spoke to them, and they said they will try three times total. Since it is Spring Break time, any news that Carlos and Charlies is closed? This just seems weird to me, but I double checked the address and it looks like the right one.

Thanks for the help!!

Amy

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What time does Carlos 'n Charlie's open? After Fed Ex came by? My experience is that Fed Ex will try again but they WON'T leave a note!!!! Rule number 1 here is make sure your recipient knows to expect the package.

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It said that at 5:50 pm Fed Ex stopped by, and I know when we have been there in the past it is open way before then. The only thing I wonder is that if someone is not at the front area, if Fed Ex just gives up right away. The place here said that they will try 3 times, and then leave a note (which sounds like they don't) and then eventually send it back to us. I thought this would be simple, I guess not. :) I just hope when they go back on Monday it gets delivered. We had a business card from there and it is the same address as listed on the website, so the address was correct. Hope this works.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you have an email address for someone there? I would just let them know it's coming. If Fed Ex is trying to deliver that late I would imagine it would work out eventually. But definitely don't count on them leaving a note.

I got a package from Fed Ex here once that was expected to be delivered at 9 pm (according to the web site tracking). At 8:55 pm the truck showed up, that was impressive.

5. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That was impressive that they showed up that close to the actual time. I do have an email address, but I wasn't sure if I would get the waiter in trouble or anything if I let them know now that a delivery will be coming. Maybe I will try that, otherwise I am just now trying to double check when they open because right now Fed Ex states they will try again on Monday by 6:00 pm and now I am worried that they'll try at 8:00 am and I doubt a restaurant would be open that early. (they don't serve breakfast, I think they don't) Thanks for all the help. I am going to call Fed Ex today and double check the address with them again.

6. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Silly question but the address you have is the new one right, by plaza Forum and not the prewilma address?

I have had something FedExed before and we got a note eventually as well to say they had called although I couldn't tell you how many times.

7. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, I do have the address in Forum by the Sea. I did call Fed Ex and I know part of the address had 10 y in the address, and the shipper at my husband's work had it as 10 4, so I had Fed Ex update that. They also took the phone number for me at the restaurant, so hopefully it will be delivered. I just hope they don't try way early in the morning, I am waiting to hear what hours Carlos 'n Charlies is open. Thanks for the help.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help, that website had an email address that looked like maybe would work, so I sent an email there asking what the hours were for the Cancun location. We'll just keep our fingers crossed that it gets delivered during the time they are open. :)

10. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wanted to say thanks for the help and explaining how things work for Fed Ex, and wanted to let you know our package was delivered last night. Thanks!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice