Fat Bastard Invades CT - Again

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Ian, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...and on that note, I think it's time to split this thread up... time to start a Fat Bastard thread...

2. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I spoke to them earlier this week. They seemed good with Nov and need only a few hours notice. Dennis, on the other hand, might need a little more notice. I know he doesn't like going out with us without getting his hair done.

3. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sweeeeeeeeet..

It begins again then...... :lol:

What part of England is your mate from ?

Ian :lol:

4. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    did it ever really end?

He's from Addelstone. He's been here since Monday last week and on his 3rd date tonight. Chicks are driving him around, pickup up his tabs and... Next time I'm single, I'm taking speech classes to perfect my English accent.

5. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good for him...... :lol:

Is there some sort of free beer festival on in the USA covering every weekend in November as every flight I've checked up on so far is coming up at £600 when I only payed £330 last year and there's now an extra stop over in Detroit.... as if one in Amsterdam isnt enough......... :evil:

British Airways are cutting a deal to fly from London to JFK on a Wednesday then out of Newark on the Sunday night for £350.... May have to chuck in a couple of days in the Big Apple if thats the case.

Shall know more later though regarding the dates..

TTFN.

Ian :lol: :lol:

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yessssssssssssss after a shit day of work it was great to jump on here and see such a glorious thread!!! Can we pre order those things full of blue moon? :lol: :lol:

7. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not coming if we can't :lol: :lol:

Ian :lol:

8. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

i thought people moved to peterbough to retire. theres more nursing homes and funeral homes there percapita than any other city...

its the town of hte newlywed and the nearly dead :cool:

9. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only thing you've been doing all summer is stuffing your face full of twinkies and ho ho....wooowoooooooooooooooooooooooo

That reminds me, I gotta call my sister Stacie.

10. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I've found the equivalent of Blue Moon in Canada.

Canadian brewer Molson Breweries, was bought by Coors in the US to become Molson Coors Brewing Company. Molson Coors Brewing Company (TSX: TAP; NYSE: TAP) is a company that was created by the merger of two of North America's largest breweries: Molson of Canada, and Coors of the United States, on February 9, 2005. According to the Molson Coors website, Molson Coors Brewing Company is the fifth-largest brewer by volume with 42.1 million U.S. beer barrels (30.2 million U.K. barrels; 49.4 million hL) sold in 2006.

Blue Moon is sold by Coors and only available in the US, even though it is brewed by Molson in Canada. After extensive and exhaustive research during an extended Happy Hour last night which saw the sun set and was very close to seeing the sun rise, I think I may have uncovered a well kept industry secret.

On the third stop of our pub tour last night, we were ambushed. They came out of nowhere. We were bravely manning our posts, guarding our bar stools, fending off chicken wings and beer with our bare hands. It was an all out war in this foreign land I now call home. Our only ally was a local. A tall, dark haired goddess with a long legs, tight top, short skirt and big smile with a mastery of sarcasm that could even make Ian blush - our barmaid. I've been called to many tours over my extensive career and have used the services of many locals as allies, but this particular one instantly became one of my favorites quickly climbing the "if only if" spank bank list. For lack of memory sake, we will call her Ginger.

Knowing we had no bullets, no guns and no grenades - that we would have to rely solely on the strength of our chug arm and whatever wit we had left, Ginger would infiltrate the enemy territory behind the bar and lure the enemy out with such grace, they didn't even realize they were being lined up in front of a firing squad to be executed. Somewhere close to zero hundred hours, Ginger turned on us. She came out from from behind the bar, walked towards us through the almost deserted establishment wearing her signature smile, teasing us with almost every step. When she finally reached whispering distance, we all leaned in a little closer. It was then, she let out a blood-hurling screech - LAST CALL. The blow may have caused me to black out for moment, as my memory gets a little fuzzy at this point, but when I came to, I remember thinking it was strange how fast she could go from being one of my favorite people in the world to one of my least favorites without losing any ground on my "if only if" spank bank list.

Spank bank aside, she was now the enemy. She was the only person between us and psychological utopia. Our unit pulled back to strategize. We decided we act friendly to see what information we could extract. If that didn't work, we would hold her hostage and beat it out of her. Luckily for her, she quickly gave up directions to the nearest hot zone. We quickly jumped to our feet to rush out to help our fellow drinkers at the next battle zone. As I stood up, all the beer rushed to my head and my military issued goggles hazed over a little more. On the way out, I remember us all looking back through our hazy goggles at our old friend and unanimously moving Ginger up a spot or two on our own personal "if only if" spank bank lists.

We all jumped in our humvees to drive the 80 meters to our next battle. The Olympians ran 100m in under 10 seconds. It took us longer to get out of our parking spot. Upon entering the war zone, we quickly took cover by the bar and set out to look for our new Ginger. Our new Ginger spotted us before we could spot her and walked over to us. With closer inspection, we concluded she was a he. Why we didn't figure it out while he was 20 feet away standing by the far side of the bar sporting a full beard and weighing in at over 250 lbs, 225 being all beer gut, is still a mystery. For the sake of memory loss, we will call him Dave.

Dave had a very interesting beer selection which reminded us we were in a foreign land. Nothing from his list was too familiar, and being men, we were afraid to commit to something without giving it a taste first. Dave's answer to our insecurities... "How 'bout I poor you a taster of them all?"

WHAT??? This was like a whore house of beers. One could sample all the goods before picking his mistress of the night. Needless to say, Dave quickly climbed my "if only if" spank bank list... or maybe I quickly climbed his. At this point, it didn't matter - I was in love. We sipped from the samplers one by one, enjoying the variety of each for no particular reason other than we could without making the previous one, or the next one, jeaslous and naggy. I tried number 1, then number 2, then 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, then... wait... back to number 6. Could it be? Was it possible? Were my taste buds lying to me? Was this BLUE MOON?

Dave, pour me another shot of this stuff! It was, it was Blue Moon, or so I thought. Dave showed me the tap, it went under a different name. "Dave, pour me the biggest glass you have". Dave must be a construction worker or gardener by day, because his hands were nasty... He grabbed a big dirty glass off the shelf, reached those nasty hands into a bowl of pesticide coated unwashed orange slices and threw a couple into the dirty glass, and poured the unfiltered cloudy ale and handed it to me. I picked up the glass, brought it to my mouth and hesitantly took a swig of something that looked like it was brewed by a four year old in the sandbox of a playground on a rainy day. It was wonderful. It was amazing. It was... Blue Moon.

After drinking all night and trying a bunch of different beers, I can't say I'm 100% positive. But I'm fairly certain Molson sells Blue Moon in Canada under the name Rickard's Red White. My hang over is only have as bad as what I thought it would be, which is another good sign of it being Blue Moon. I will investigate further and report back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice