Fastest Trip Ever

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DougEfresh, May 26, 2008.

1. DougEfresh

DougEfresh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I decided to go on Steve's Booze Cruise, but I wasn't staying at Temptation this time, I was at Dreams (behind Coco Bongo's, very nice family resort) I took a cab a little past Temptation and walked til I found the dock that the boat was supposed to be launching from. I was a little early and I wasn't seeing a double-decker boat anywhere, so I went over to the dock closest to Temptation, where I knew people would be parading past me on the way to the boat....Still not seeing a two-story boat, and having not seen a computer in a few days I was wondering if the trip was cancelled....Then I hear a familiar voice(after 4 years) It was Jaime coming around the corner to see if anyone was waiting! The plans changed because the boat couldn't fit at the docks seaside, so we were to be bussed to a lagoon side dock and take off from there. The meeting point for the bus was in front of Temptation, which was a slight problem for me, because I didn't have a wristband on....So, I decided to make a run for it through Temptation because I know the layout and just cramed my hand in my pocket like I'm looking for something-- to hide the bare wrist. I zipped through the older section behind the hammocks with ease, then I got behind a couple of slow-walkers and followed them to the lobby door. Here I had a decision to make. Do I go over the steps into the old Margarita bar or go past the Front Desk.....I peered through the door and the front area looked empty, so I casually walked past the desk and out the front door to safety where I saw Steve and Jannet's smiling faces!!
    That was my approximately 90 second stay at Temptation and from my brief looks around, the lobby and front area look really nice!
    The Booze Cruise was fun and it was great to see some old faces and meet some new people. A special thanks to the Navy for letting me sit at their table... I have to admit it was a little rough on the way back due to some high rolling waves, but you can't control the ocean...
    Next time I'll stay at Temptationa little longer!
    Cheers,
    DougEfresh

2. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Nice trip report! :D

Longer than your stay eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

George

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Nice to see you again Doug.. and yeah, come when you can stay a little longer. :D

Jamie

4. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    How'd you like Dreams? We've stayed there several times with our teenage kids and loved it.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Dreams is the old Westin Camino Real out on the point of the hotel zone - specatcular property.

Funny, I was also thinking "took you longer to describe than it did for you to walk through" ...

6. DougEfresh

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dreams was great! Went there with the GF and her 9 year old. The service there was awesome. Top-shelf booze, great food, no signing up for the ala cart restaurants(I can never figure out why they do that)...Swam with the dolphins, ate, drank and relaxed for a week. The entertainment staff is pretty good too, although it's pg cuz of the kids.
    I think what I liked best was the little things, like the the waiters just bringing trays of bottled water to people lounging on the beach without anyone asking, and they bring food too! The room service was killer! I can't say enough good things about Dreams. If you have kids this is the place.....I found it on TripAdvisor.com....If anyone knows of a place like Dreams, with the atmosphere of Temptation, I'd like to know about it. Especially if it's adults only....

7. karinav3

karinav3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I remember you! I was the one with the boyfriend wearing the 4th of July shorts the tall mexican dude.. lol...

I got really wet on the way back and thought we were going to tip over.. that was the scariest boat ride ever!

8. DougEfresh

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I remember you and tell your boyfriend thanks again for the beer on the bus! Yeah, that boat ride was rough. I've been in way worse seas outside of the Golden Gate Bridge, but I've never been on the top deck of a two-story boat going side to side like that....Maybe cruising the lagoon is a good idea after all:)
    DougEfresh

9. welshgirl

welshgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Doug...i didnt know you were going to cancun the same time.....!!!! Shame im missed you! :(

10. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Doug..Sorry i missed you...I guess i was too busy trying NOT to fall on my Butt...I was up with the Captain playing the music... I'm also the one holding the rope with the young lady attach to it...LOL... :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice