farmacias

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by tom60152, Feb 23, 2009.

1. tom60152

tom60152 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can anyone tell me if there are any english speaking pharmacists in Cancun?I'm specifically looking gout medication.I take what is called Indomethacin,also known as Indacin..maybe someone can translate this for me...i would appreciate your help

thank you

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gout in Spanish is called gota. You probably won't find a pharmacist here who speaks English...maybe, but I doubt it. But plenty of Mexicans get gota so I'm sure you can get the meds here.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Foreign Brand Names
    ; Antalgin® Dialicels (Mexico) ; Apo-Indomethacin® (Canada) ; Indocid® (Canada) ; Indocid® (Mexico) ; Indocid-SR® (Canada) ; Malival y Malival AP (Mexico) ; Novo-Methacin (Canada) ; Nu-Indo (Canada) ; Pro-Indo® (Canada)

http://www.ajc.com/health/altmed/sh...s/Indomethacincd.html#foreign-brand-name-list

I think the pharmacists in the hotel zone speak at least some English. If you go with the names written down they should be able to help you.

4. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We used a pharmacy just down from TTR two years ago. My son needs a med that is approved in UK and Carribean but not in the north. The pharmacist was most helpful and had a good grasp of english.

5. tom60152

tom60152 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks everyone very helpful

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice