far away?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by elizabethg, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All cc'ers will party!!! As for the Royal Solaris, I thought is was great. The service was excellent and even the food was good. The whole resort was top of the line in my opinion. You'll love it.

2. elizabethg

elizabethg Addict Registered Member

mayfield, kentucky but currently in the dirty bgiz
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats awesome! was the alcohol and stuff good? also, was there good stuff to do during the day?

3. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The entertainment staff kept things going all day. Me and a buddy had a blast there. I thought the alcohol was pretty good. A decent tip on the first day and I got great drinks. The bartender took good care of me.

4. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok fair enough....oh and ps....Elizzzzzzz i tried to send u an IM but it didnt work boooooooooo

5. elizabethg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im signed on so it should elzbthgordo17

6. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heres a map that should help :D

[​IMG]

Bye
    Adam

7. elizabethg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you!!

8. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're welcome, I just realised thats not the map with the scale on. Anyway its 9-10km away.

Bye
    Adam

9. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The buses were great. We all got pissed up at the hotel then had a good laugh on the way out.

10. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you already have an idea of the answer to your question - but I'd like to take this oppt'y to make quick work of a very common misconception that people sometimes have when they're first coming to Cancun. Plan on nothing being within walking distance of anything else except when you're downtown and/or at the convention center area. Even the walk between individual bus stops is a farily lengthy distance and takes time which would be better spent eating/drinking/touring/dancing/etc.

That being said, the bus system in Cancun is awesome. You can catch buses more quickly in Cancun (at least until midnight or so) than you can catch cabs in NYC, and they're cheap and safe and fun. The only caveat is that right now, during reconstruction, it's a challenge finding any space to get on the ones going north anywhere past Kukalkan Plaza between 4PM and 6 PM as that's when the construction workers are all going home and the buses get packed to the gills, so even though they come by every 5 seconds, they're to filled up to take anyone else.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice