FAQ's FOR CELLPHONE SERVICE IN CANCUN

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by johnc, Dec 13, 2005.

1. cancungirl

cancungirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i braught my phone down with me, but im from canada and my company told me it would work,
    i got down there and nothing.
    not even text messaging.
    it sucked

2. Dogtrainer

Dogtrainer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mind if I ask what service your on .. or who your with .. Maybe even where your from .. because we thought we may be able to 2way and text down there .. I'm not bring it with me if I can't do either..

Jay

3. mr. indecisive

mr. indecisive Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have US cellular as a carrier. I called them last night and they are setting up my service to work for me in Cancun. They have to contact the carrier down there and set things up, idk......

It is costing me a $3.00 a day fee for any call made (in or out) and 99cents a minute while down there.

4. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is still no guarantee that it will work. Your chances are about 50/50. If it doesn't, don't forget to call and get your 3 bucks PD back.

5. Dogtrainer

Dogtrainer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well Good news for 2 wayers .. We could 2 way from Cancun to Toronto Canada No problem .. And Text messaging was ok aswell .. But we used the 2 way most of the time ..

Telus is the company we use in Toronto Ontario Canada.

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Let us know how it worked. US Cellular told me that using my phone in Cancun was NOT an option. AB & I both use US Cellular, and could work our businesses even better with that service. Even easier than cancunvalet.

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you wish to rent a cell phone in Cancun just go to:

www.cancunvalet.com

I rent one every time and have not been disappointed once!

Karan

8. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats great to hear. I'm with Telus as well. I'll give them a call this week to make sure that im set up to make/receive calls while im there.

9. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Leave your cells HOME its too expensive, dial down the center call 1-800-collect from the OASIS !

10. camikazi2k

camikazi2k Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well Nextel work in cancun?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice