Family Vacation in Cancun (recommendations please)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by tjak, Aug 12, 2007.

1. tjak

tjak Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello I am trying to set up a vacation for my family and I upon my return from a 15 month deployment in Iraq next January. I was wondering if you could recommend any resorts that will be good for my family. Wife and two children 10 and 7. We would like to keep costs reasonable but will not spare experience based on expense.

Thank you

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you looking for a an all-inclusive?

3. tjak

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes please all-inclusive

I have been told this is the way to go.

Thank you

4. Maja651

Maja651 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are ok with doing some of your own cooking, a timeshare type resort may be a good bet for you. You can rent a 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa that has a large veranda, fully stocked American style kitchen, living room and dining area. These resorts are very family oriented with many free activities for adutls and kids. They have grocery stores on site so you can do your own cooking. They also have reasonably priced restaurants and take out food. I would recommend renting at one of the Royal Resorts. You can rent directly from an owner on www.mexicondo.com or www.tug2.net.

If you want to check out the Royal Resorts, check out www.royalresorts.com.

Michelle

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are so many wonderful all inclusives in Cancun that are ideal for families with children. I recommend investigating either the Club Med Cancun Yucatan, Riu Palace Las Americas, Dreams Resort, Royal Solaris and Barcelo Tucancun. Start with these and then get back with more questions after you have started to understand the landscape of what is available in Cancun. You can also investigate which tours are available via Entertainment Plus (see the link at the bottom of this page) and on the CANCUN TOP 100.

212eric

6. tjak

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you

I will take your advise. I appreciate the feedback. I already looked at Club Med it seemed like all we were looking for. I will research the others as you advised.

Thank you

7. jackietex

jackietex Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We always stay at the Royal Mayan and love it.

8. knottykey

knottykey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We took our kids to Blue Bay Club and that was great. The staff take the time to get to know your kids and make them feel welcome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice