Family resort reviews please

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by sweetchildomine, Apr 24, 2013.

1. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    we are loking into staying in Cancun now for our family trip and the resort that keeps coming up as good for us is Ocean Spa Resort(formerly Club Carrousel) next door to TTR. Know that the reviews are generally for shit on TA I would like to see if anyone has stayed there or has the inside track on the staff and the resort if it is a decent joint to be in for 2 weeks. It appears as though it has gone through(or is going through some updates and that looks promising, I just would like to know before sticking my family there for a duration of time.

I could always do the old here ya go and then crash out at TTR for 2 weeks?! :anon:

2. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    I don't know how old your kids are, but we have taken ours several times to The Gran Caribe, Rui Caribe, and Rui Cancun. They all seem pretty kid friendly, young or older. Haven't been to the one you mentioned........

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Scott,

My wife and twins just came back from their favorite resort. It's Beaches - Turks & Caicos. It's pricey, but they have deals right now and it is by far the nicest resort I have ever seen. Plenty for kids and adults with one of the best beaches in the world along Grace Bay. There are some great deals out there right now so you may want to check it out. It's not the crazies of Cancun, but with your kids with you that's not a bad thing.

Ed

4. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    kids are/will be at the time of travel... 17, 13 & 9. It is the vacation before our eldest daughter senior year and wanna make it right. The problem is we have 2 weeks banked through our timeshare and need to cash them in here so our exchanges are limited trying to get 2 different weeks back to back and then with people not having the $ to go somewhere they are not cashing in their weeks which makes exchanges very troublesome. So we are looking into just seeing what is availbale in a 2 week block. The real problen though is our timeshare is a larger condo so trying to find a place that has the same criteria is a bitch.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Great Parnassus is our family favourite in Cancun and we also like Now Jade nr Puerto Morelos. Riu Cancun is nice too.

We went to a kids party at Club Carousel/Ocean Spa once and found it lacking in facilities although that was several years ago before its remodel and we were only there for the afternoon.

6. ggzone

ggzone Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i like the hotels in playacar for families . beach is awesome .there is always something to do . I go there every year . I have kids . Next year TTR though . Cant wait.
    fello minnosatan

7. Joylkersten

Joylkersten Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scott,
    Let me know what you find out. We could possibly do Mexico for our family trip next year. My girls will be 18 and 8. It would be fun to have a couple to hang with while the kids do their thing. When are your dates that your looking at??

8. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hey Joy! We have found out a few things but need to verify them before really diving into things. We know the have been going through, or have gone through some pretty extensive renovations. Changing bedding upgrading the rooms to flatscreen TV's, changing up the entertainment/food/activities. We have verified the rooms being updated but not sure which ones or if it is all of them. Most of the reviews say it was rated a 4 star but wouldn't give it ore than 3. People have opinions but I(and most that have stayed at TTR) will agree that the beach is not the best but its on the ocean and if you want a gorgeous beach and tranquil water you can head to the public beach.

We haven't solidified the dates just yet but we are looking at the very beginning of June. We have the availability to switch up/exchange our dates around if we jump "out of network", which may be what we will be doing. And yeah adult conversation would be fun while the kids are away(or constantly tugging on the coat tails).

9. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    How are you gonna stay that close and not climb the damm fence. I remember the days when there was no fence. Never been sorry, never will be either.

10. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We had some family stay at the Cancun Bay, which used to be the Q Bay for our son's wedding in April. They all said the resort was exceptionally clean and really nice. The downside was that there were only a few other guests there. The pricing was very reasonable, although it was not all inclusive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice